Author Topic: Ship Tour tutorial  (Read 4811 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Ship Tour tutorial
« on: December 18, 2014, 07:26:18 pm »
Last night I had to instruct a new player on how to get to the bottom deck guns on a Junker. I am sure all of us at some point had to give a brief ship tour just to make sure a new player doesn't gum up the works too much. When I started playing I went into practice mode with every single ship to get an idea of the layout before I joined my first live match. The problem with doing this is you have to load the practice mode 6 different times to look at all the ships.

I suggest Muse make part of the tutorial a "ship tour" mode. In this mode player is put on the deck of a goldfish with each of its components at 1/2 health. When the player repairs the last component to full the goldfish is replaced with a junker with each of its components at 1/2 health and so on until the player has visited every single component of every single ship. It would also be nice to give common ship parkour knowledge about each ship when it is active (like the junker balloon and hull underside repair points.) Alternatively muse could build some sort of sky dock model and drop gangplanks between the ships so the player can explore each ship at their leisure.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Tour tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:52:20 pm »
Or at least all the basic/easy ships

+1

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 11:02:58 pm »
Might not be quite right to mention here, but I want some medium difficulty ships!

On topic, I really like the skydock idea. 

+1.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 07:01:49 am »
Yes, yes, YES so much yes to this!

I'm so tiered of the excuse "I don't know where it is" when you ask someone to repair the balloon on a fish or to get on the front guns of a pyra.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 09:32:15 am »
Yes please!