Author Topic: How do you sign up for competitive?  (Read 5917 times)

Offline TheCreatorT

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
How do you sign up for competitive?
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:25:45 pm »
Self explanatory. I've read about the leviathan seasons and the screw sign format on Monday, but where would one actually sign up? (Also how many people do you need to sign up?) I guess it doesn't help I looked at all this on a phone.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: How do you sign up for competitive?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:40:55 pm »
The competitive pages on the main website are both massively out of date and were kinda never used -
Most competitive events have their signups on the GoI Forums Community Events board.

There is a weekly 2v2 tournament every Sunday (Sunday Community Skirmish) you've just missed the last one for this year unfortunately but they'll be running again after Christmas. Other larger tournaments run from time to time - the most recent being the second Aerodrome tournament, which was 3v3.

Generally to sign up you need enough people to fill a full team (which is the case for the SCS) occasionally there are tournaments where a full team is not required, such as the TimmyB tournament which required individual ships of 4 persons.

Community Events Board: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html

Sacrilege Clan is hosting an event this Christmas you might be interested in: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5325.0.html
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:47:26 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 06:43:49 pm »
The main site, is very outdated. But the best place to check for competing events is here.

A thread will start like: new comp event.

<rules>

You would then sign up. You might put a team name, a logo etc.

Most events don't ask for the names of everyone involved but maybe a couple of points of contact (to invite into game and other organisational things.)

As its Christmas not a lot is happening. But a good especially if you're new to the competitive scene is SCS or Sunday community skirmish. It's a weekly knock out tournament kind if thing. You simply sign up in the thread with a team name, and you're. good to go. Note that competitive didn't allow for single player sign ups, you need to sign up confident of having a full team. (8 players usually.)

Other than this there are other events with matches usually held on Saturdays, events can span for weeks, so you have to make sure you can give up the time.

Hope that cleared some things up, if not ask more questions :D

Dammit geo, got in before me. I'll post anyway, cos I typed this all on my phone :p

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:22 pm »
Dammit geo, got in before me. I'll post anyway, cos I typed this all on my phone :p
Huehuehue

Offline TheCreatorT

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:07:33 pm »
Thanks guys for your help. Hopefully you'll see me and my crew in the next tournament. Once again, thanks for your guys help!  :D

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:19:38 pm »
Thanks guys for your help. Hopefully you'll see me and my crew in the next tournament. Once again, thanks for your guys help!  :D

Awesome! =)