Author Topic: Huge New Ship And Weapon Suggestion Topic  (Read 30922 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Huge New Ship And Weapon Suggestion Topic
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »
Take a Melonmidion.  Double front gat, and I take a side mortar, and a side banshee.  Gat them, ram em so you slide right, and then mortar what's left.  Works like a dream.

If you don't miss, that is.

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 02:14:27 pm »

You are the ship designer, so what can I say?

I thought that the plow head on the turtle was the armor plates. I think you mean the armor plates are on the side. I think it'd be better if the armor plates were on the front. For the purpose of my ramming. I really want turtle to be the ramming ship.

A ship that tanks in, opens with a ram, and then gives a decent broadside.

I like Swan and Sai, but I don't think captains piloting it will actively ram. I think Swan and Sai will be like how Pyramdions are; scared of ramming because you will lose the gun-arc (of the primary guns).

Turtle really has potential. The new mechanic of separate armor is a brilliant idea that I think other ships can employ.

What if we replaced the port-angled side gun on the spire with an armor plating? Give it a tower shield to give it the much needed survivability? And can we see this armor plating mechanics on certain co-op bosses?

With the turning speed:
To me, part of ramming is getting punished when you miss. High maximum velocity, low acceleration. Plot an intersect course, accelerate, and hit like a ballista. A ramming ship should be like a projectile.

A perfect ramming ship would be weighty, fast, and maneuverable. But then, a perfect ramming ship would be overpowered. A light ship or a slow ship would be useless at ramming (Squid and Galleon). So a good balance is to make the ship less maneuverable.

An acrobatic, satisfying dodge should be the counter against ramming ships.

Again, I love the turtle. I'd like to see the plow-head be the armor plating. I'd love to see your new guns. I want to see a non-paired gun varieties. Whenever there is a single light gun, its a flame. Tesla and the Nail Gun are varieties I want to see.

Well 3 armor plates in turtle would be too much but with the front part i can understand why it could be good with ramming.

Bit of moonshine would give it nice boost to ram.

The Spire realy needs to be more tougher and it would be wonderfull addition to have armor plate (separate armor and component) for the ship to make it better against rams and front damage.
The only problem is where to put the components? to the top deck?

Armor plates on bosses would also make good addition, tought boss needs a tough armor, focus too much fighting in port or starbord side and ship turns to give you a fresh armor plate that is not damaged yet.

Yes, the Swan is like a projectile, since it already has low turning speed, it will pretty much suffer from that if it fails to miss. Ship like Ikazuchi can still fire if it misses with full force.

Talking about ramming, my enemys never expect me to ram with galleon, many mobulas and spires have been punished by this expectation. But yes it still not the best ship to ram with.

Pyramidion is tecnicly the best ship to ram with and its shame realy, its one of kind ship because there arent any other rammers, i hope they will add more.

Thanks for loving the turttle :D its unique ship in my oppinion too and i realy want to see someting like it in the game. As for the guns, i always want more guns in to games.
Reason why i want more guns is that it will make more unique loadouts and combinations and even guns that dont need other to be good or serve as support.

Many dont like kaskel since its 1 way gun, it has 1 purpose and its to destroy the ship, the armor and the hull, but reason i think its good is that its good starter gun. pair 2 kaskels and you have average time to kill from close to medium rainge.

Nailgun would be interesting since balloon servers as other armor tecnicly, when it goes down the crew goes panic. Nailgun would keep up the pressure or just shoot the components.

Ligt tesla beam would be good for ship like turtle for the front. Since it has bit more variety compared to flamer.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 02:16:17 pm »
Take a Melonmidion.  Double front gat, and I take a side mortar, and a side banshee.  Gat them, ram em so you slide right, and then mortar what's left.  Works like a dream.

If you don't miss, that is.

sounds a good plan, would work many of my ship ideas too...

if they ever get to game and if they do, then captens must realy try to hit...

if they can...

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »
With the armor plating, I was thinking that it could be a "gun". On spire, the port-angled side gun could include an option to replace it with an armor plating. The gun is replaced with armor component (to be repaired) and armor plating is modeled onto your ship (like a large tower shield). On balance, exchange offense for defense.

It's an idea. I'm sure it'll mess up the balance and will need extensive testing. It might be a resource Muse can't spare at the moment. But it's an idea. I think armor plating is a brilliant idea. Omegaskorpion, you need more salutes.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 05:59:25 pm »
With the armor plating, I was thinking that it could be a "gun". On spire, the port-angled side gun could include an option to replace it with an armor plating. The gun is replaced with armor component (to be repaired) and armor plating is modeled onto your ship (like a large tower shield). On balance, exchange offense for defense.

It's an idea. I'm sure it'll mess up the balance and will need extensive testing. It might be a resource Muse can't spare at the moment. But it's an idea. I think armor plating is a brilliant idea. Omegaskorpion, you need more salutes.

I can imagine the Spires now...

Spire: I AM INVINCIBLE~

Melonmidion: *flies through it*

Spire: Fuck.

*later, Spire has replaced all guns except LJ w/amor plate*

Spire: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Melonmidion: *spends awhile shooting at in Greased range, then flies through it*

Spire: ;-;

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 01:12:50 am »

while its not compleatly bad idea, it would reduce spires fire power a lot, addional armor wont be good if ship can't defend it self.

I can imagine the Spires now...

Spire: I AM INVINCIBLE~

Melonmidion: *flies through it*

Spire: Fuck.

*later, Spire has replaced all guns except LJ w/amor plate*

Spire: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Melonmidion: *spends awhile shooting at in Greased range, then flies through it*

Spire: ;-;

that is pretty much what would happen.

I can already imagine that troll captens would take armor plates only, so ship would have no guns aka being defenceless.
Of cource if there is armor plate limit it would work but it would still reduce ships firepower a lot.

(come to think about it, giving junker a front plate of armor to replace front gun, would make it better at ramming and defend front from rams. GENIUS)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 06:14:39 am »
Pretty much what I wanted to say and didn't say.

Armor plates should be an option to replace only certain guns.

Otherwise, certainty of trolls and utter ridiculousness. And armor plates would have to be modeled for all over the place (there are thirty gun locations in current GOIO).

Actually, I was worried that the armor plates wouldn't take away from firepower enough. Because you almost never get much more than a trifecta on most situations. Losing a light gun isn't a great plight. There's always more guns than gunners anyways.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 11:07:39 am »

Otherwise, certainty of trolls and utter ridiculousness. And armor plates would have to be modeled for all over the place (there are thirty gun locations in current GOIO).

Actually, I was worried that the armor plates wouldn't take away from firepower enough. Because you almost never get much more than a trifecta on most situations. Losing a light gun isn't a great plight. There's always more guns than gunners anyways.

Dat Tankbula doe

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 11:16:16 am »

Dat Tankbula doe

The worst kind of mobula there is, now with 100% more armored and 100% less armed.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 11:36:51 am »

Dat Tankbula doe

The worst kind of mobula there is, now with 100% more armored and 100% less armed.

Nah, have a gat on top so you can ram.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 01:30:02 pm »

Dat Tankbula doe

The only ship this loadout can kill is mobula or unlucky squid XD

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 01:44:08 pm »

Dat Tankbula doe

Or that one Spire, XD

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 02:08:35 pm »

Dat Tankbula doe

Or that one Spire, XD

Or fully armored junker XD

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 02:20:36 pm »

Dat Tankbula doe

Or that one Spire, XD

In all seriousness, there should be a limit to plates addable, and they should probably make everything slower...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:22:13 pm by ShadedExalt »

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 02:27:25 pm »

Dat Tankbula doe

Or that one Spire, XD

In all seriousness, there should be a limit to plates addable, and they should probably make everything slower...

Limiting armor plates would be good idea, but they arent in the game yet (or ever?) so i think we are thinking too far.