Author Topic: Weird achievement gets  (Read 6908 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Weird achievement gets
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:59:36 pm »
So I just came from a game with the Newb clan.

I was packing a real brawler build of poon and flame on a pyra to grind the destroy parts while pooned achieve.
He managed to escape but I presume, he crashed and died.

Because I got a notch off the achievement. And the achieve was kill a ship 1000m away.

So what weird exploitable achieves have you found? Also I finally did white whaler. Months and months, nearing a year and I finally have it.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Weird achievement gets
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 05:09:22 pm »
If you damage them and they drive away and die you get the achievement. So long it's over the threshold you need.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 06:16:59 pm »
Incendiary kill with a mine I dropped ages ago was a fun one.  Would not have even known it was my kill if I hadn't gotten the notch on the achieve for it.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 06:57:46 pm »
The way the kill system works is pretty interesting. If you're driving a ship and kill your self, either with mines or by moonshining into structures, the kill goes to a harsh world, or sometimes yourself. If you get shot by one bullet from an enemy gatling, the kill goes to the enemy if you run away and die

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 06:59:55 pm »
The way the kill system works is pretty interesting. If you're driving a ship and kill your self, either with mines or by moonshining into structures, the kill goes to a harsh world, or sometimes yourself. If you get shot by one bullet from an enemy gatling, the kill goes to the enemy if you run away and die
but what if you shoot him, then ally, and then he dies?

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »
but what if you shoot him, then ally, and then he dies?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but whatever hostile shot last hits a ship, the ship that shot gets the kill on the ship that was shot

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 07:09:36 pm »
Incendiary kill with a mine I dropped ages ago was a fun one.  Would not have even known it was my kill if I hadn't gotten the notch on the achieve for it.

speaking of mines.

I needed junker hull destroys.
Only junker in the match was the munker I was on.

I mined ourselves (well more like the cap thought he could fly like a goldfish in a mine field) and got a notch when he rammed my mine.

Suffice to say I tried to replicate it, but failed. He learned his lesson after the first time and finally stood still so we could actually set up a proper mine field.

Also in regards to that. If that were truly the case with the last player/ship gun hit counting towards the kill... I killed plenty of ppl with poons and even had a spire crash while it was pooned. I did not get a notch off white whaler. I only recently got the white whaler notch (the last one) via ramming the HP to nothing and letting the flamer do the rest.

If poon was coded to be the way you mentioned. White whaler would not be the nightmare it is known to be. So I guess this exploit is weapon specific? I've certain found it working on a flamer.

And further on with flamer? I needed (still do-so might do further tests), destroy parts while pooned. I dunno if it was the lag. But I got notches from that long after the poon had worn off. So I assume the fire destroyed the part, but the part was hit during a poon so it counted towards the achievement.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:18:12 pm by Ceresbane »