Author Topic: Are Engineers Addicts? (Help the Engineers charity appeal.)  (Read 18741 times)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Are Engineers Addicts? (Help the Engineers charity appeal.)
« on: December 14, 2014, 08:11:55 am »
---They repeat the same task over and over and get very angry when anyone messes with it.
---They demand on covering things with chemicals.
---Surrounded by chemicals all day.
---If you mess with them covering things in chemicals they get very angry.
---Get very upset when the chemicals run out.

If think Engineers need some rehabilitation.

#Stop the Chem.

Donate just a powder monkey a month and you can make a massive difference.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:13:26 am by Replaceable »

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
Re: Are Engineers Addicts? (Help the Engineers charity appeal.)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:18:20 am »
Hi, i have a friend his name is Nick. He is, um, this is hard to say... he's a chem addict. He just gets so mad when i tell him to do stuff. He spends his time around his chemical and gets mad when i tell him that he needs help. He just yells that chemicals are a way of life. He spends more time spraying chemicals on things than anything else. I saw him spraying chemicals on the engines when out of combat just for the hell of it. I hope that this group will be able to help him.

Offline DJ Calvary

• Salutes: 6
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 10:38:40 pm »
Hi I'm cal and I have a problem... i-its sorta hard to talk about.... I enjoy chem spray and heat sink clip. On everything hull, balloon, a flamer, e-even the engines. *sniff* I.... I'm sorry that I'm like this I just have a problem and I know it now... when you start getting chem build up between your toes and you slip off the ship during a ram you tend to have realize the problem. *sobs* I-I once snapped at a swabbie for bringing a extinguisher and messing with my cycle. I don't know what to do with my self any more... on one hand I have to prevent the fires on the other I'm smelling the engines and hull on a pyra during my rounds.... YOU KNOW WHAT **** THIS I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM I LIKE MY CHEMS AND YOU CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. *gets dragged out of the room*

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 04:46:56 am »
My name's Jacob and I have a problem with chem spray. It all started when bringing it became necessary :P.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:49:54 pm »
Many of my engineers are addicted to the hydrogen I put into the balloon.

Whenever I put hydrogen on, they crowd over to the balloon. If I leave it on too long, they start screaming incoherent babble. (I think they are saying "More balloon, destroy our lungs please!")

And the balloon frequently catches fire or gets destroyed. I think my engineers are either smoking hydrogen, or ripping through the balloon to get at the hydrogen.

So, yea, I'm looking for an engineer who can show restraint when I pop a bottle of hydrogen in the balloon.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »
I can stop using chem spray at any time. I choose not to because it would put every one in danger. Won't you think of the children?

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:26 pm »
There's a reason why I'm a proponent of the extinguisher. It's the less addictive alternative to chem spray.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:23:03 pm »
Once.. I uh.. Was so desperate for chem

I.. Shot myself with a heatsink flare.

I'm so ashamed..

I've finally come to realise..
I need help.

*dragged out of group for being despicable*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:30:38 pm by Replaceable »

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »
I have just learned of another one of my crew mates who i addicted to the chem spray. I see him and Nick just spraying it up while we are out of combat. They sit near the engines and just spray. They take turns spraying each other. Just the other day i found them both trying to take my belongings and sell them to fuel their habit. I also find empty spray canisters scattered throughout the ship. This is starting to get out of hand. I just hope that they don't plan to mutiny so that they can use chem spray all they want.
*Banging on door and shouting can be heard outside*
Oh no. It's happening already.
*Grabs hat and jumps out the window*

Offline Shadak Shademore

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 17
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 12:23:28 pm »
I am a sad one... I cannot stand having the icons on my screen saying things are broken... thus obsessive fixing and chem-spraying. :D

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:36 am »
I am a sad one... I cannot stand having the icons on my screen saying things are broken... thus obsessive fixing and chem-spraying. :D
Spannering things is a different disorder I think, though we can certainly talk about it here. Being fixated on constantly building-from-scratch ship hulls, engines, guns and balloon pumps using only a spanner (or wrench) is a disorder that many people suffer from. They may argue that they'll only build parts that have been destroyed - but the ship almost always seems to have more than one gun and engine. They are lying to themselves and to you about their problem.

For just £3 a month you can.... Oh shit the hull is down. *scurries away*

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 05:54:02 pm »
Spannering things is a different disorder I think, though we can certainly talk about it here. Being fixated on constantly building-from-scratch ship hulls, engines, guns and balloon pumps using only a spanner (or wrench) is a disorder that many people suffer from. They may argue that they'll only build parts that have been destroyed - but the ship almost always seems to have more than one gun and engine. They are lying to themselves and to you about their problem.

For just £3 a month you can.... Oh shit the hull is down. *scurries away*

As a pilot, I cannot stand seeing my engines down... Hell, I can bear hull better, but just sitting ducks... And when you notice you've left the moonshine a little too long, your engineer didn't repair, or you simply pressed 1 but the game didn't quite register it cause you were manouvering with two more buttons in quick succession...No, please. Engineers take more time repairing than I can wait. Sometimes I just want to go there, and fix it for myself.. Especially on a Mobula. I'm sorry Helm, I've always been with you, but things change.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2015, 05:39:18 am »
As a pilot, I cannot stand seeing my engines down... Hell, I can bear hull better, but just sitting ducks... And when you notice you've left the moonshine a little too long, your engineer didn't repair, or you simply pressed 1 but the game didn't quite register it cause you were manouvering with two more buttons in quick succession...No, please. Engineers take more time repairing than I can wait. Sometimes I just want to go there, and fix it for myself.. Especially on a Mobula. I'm sorry Helm, I've always been with you, but things change.
You must be careful not to encourage them. Their problem is a serious one and we wouldn't want to worsen their situation by pressuring them into performing the addictive acts that got them into this mess in the first place.
I mean sure the survival of your ship may depend on them, but let them do it in a pressure-free environment where they are merely assisting you and not also doing it for a hit.

Engineering addiction is a serious problem that we must address. My first suggestion would be to ban weapons so that the only damage engineers have to deal with is from clouds and crashes. That would greatly reduce their workload and make their environment much safer for them to work in.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 07:09:31 am »
You must be careful not to encourage them. Their problem is a serious one and we wouldn't want to worsen their situation by pressuring them into performing the addictive acts that got them into this mess in the first place.
I mean sure the survival of your ship may depend on them, but let them do it in a pressure-free environment where they are merely assisting you and not also doing it for a hit.

Engineering addiction is a serious problem that we must address. My first suggestion would be to ban weapons so that the only damage engineers have to deal with is from clouds and crashes. That would greatly reduce their workload and make their environment much safer for them to work in.

Custom practice matches! Captains must step upto the task of equipping ships with naught but beacon flares and casually fly around the map, maybe hitting a dust cloud or two if the addicted on their ships are in desperate need and cold turkey is too much for them...
Engi-Rehab!

Though I can not guarantee the F-buttons will not be pressed by accident...

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2015, 11:16:51 am »
i must say, most captains do pressure new engies to take chem spray, the howl at them to keep it up, i have to restrain myself everytime they spray my gun, when it doesn't need it, otherwise all the loch powder i snort might tip me over the edge (snorts some loch powder to settle nerves)