Author Topic: What's more fun?  (Read 16410 times)

Offline Admiral Ackbar RTDT

• Salutes: 5
    • [Krag]
    • View Profile
Re: What's more fun?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 07:03:20 pm »
The amount of times I yell at a pilot to use the AI commands to fully utilise that AI crew member. Its like they don't know where the function keys are.
[/quote]

I didn't know where the those function keys were for the first 8 months of playing the game. I finally mapped them.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »
I figured errything out right quick then!

Offline GurasOguras

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 05:43:26 pm »
Engineer - run round in circles in the same pattern doing the same thing over and over again

= boring
It may seem weird, but it gives me great joy when playing as buffengie I keep perfect timing on components and rebuff everything a second before the current buff will go down. It's not boring. It's about the self improvement of my skills. I hope that some day I will master my timing that much, that i will don't even need to think about it. But this is of course impossible, because after every single match I know what things I could do better.

Of course clicking on component with right tool equipped is much easier than shooting, but I do believe that the achieve of perfection as an engineer is much more difficult than as gunner. Gunner is binary class, 1 or 0 - you can hit, or you can miss.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 05:51:42 pm »
Gunner is binary class, 1 or 0 - you can hit, or you can miss.

Ohhh bringing it full circle.

But I feel the road to never missing with all guns I feel is far longer than never missing a chem or buff.

Of course there's no way of fully stating when a) some is the best as possible at something and b) how long it takes

But hey I like both classes equally really.

Now there's a plot twist.

Offline Manasong

• Salutes: 0
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 03:40:38 pm »
Gunner: Watch as the engies keep firing your guns and never let you load the right ammo. Watch the captain using flak at close range and never give you arch of fire
Engineer: Watch as your captain allows the enemy to use you as a target practice. Watch as the gunner never uses the right gun at the right time.
Pilot: Watch your engineers repair guns while engines are out. Watch the gunner never use the gun and ammo you want him to.

Yeah... Well, at least as a pilot its harder to notice when your crew is bad.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2014, 04:03:11 pm »
The most fun is banshee/flamer trifecta on mobula with psychotic captain who is laughing literally all the time you incenirate your foes.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 06:21:01 pm »
Yeah... Well, at least as a pilot its harder to notice when your crew is bad.

what? no...

Ide say pilot sees bad crew the easiest because the pilot knows how the ship should be handled. In the end, its generaly throughout all classes, i mean it just depends on the players focus. Pilots generaly dont have to focus too much about in-ship matter so he uses that focus to make sure that the crew is where they need to be and doing what they need to be doing.

Offline Zydrate

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 06:25:26 pm »
I like being an Engineer so far, it's the right amount of intense without making the game feel too PvP based (Which usually intimidates me).
Gunning is pretty simple and if my pilot is doing well, I usually end up doing some gunning -as- an Engineer anyway.

I don't think I could ever be a proper pilot.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 09:03:07 pm »
I don't think I could ever be a proper pilot.

And that's why you'll never be a proper pilot.  Keep engi-ing, gunning, and then once you know arcs, and how much punishment the ship can take, hop in the pilot seat.  Not that we get seats.  Builds character.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 05:22:55 am »
If I can suggest something, get 7th level of engie and gunner in normal pubs, and then hop in Pilot seats in novice matches. It's not like prior the 1.3.7 patch, where when I did something alike (leveling pilot before getting out novicehood) I had, like, 130 matches played and quite an experience, and learn something about flying in novice pubs. If done right, you should be able to leave anything with upper hand, and winning games yourself (well, using ally as bait or living shield), I mean - getting 5:0 results, having at least 4 kills done by your crew. After leveling out of novicehood leave pilot for getting much more experience, because there is a high chance you'll get your ass wrecked at this stage. But with proper observation you will be able to implement something to your flighting style.

And also one thing. Leveling like 7-7-7. Might seem strange huh? Well, players who do so are rather better seen by more advanced players. And, you know, nobody wants to fly lvl 1 player, right?