Author Topic: Hades and Artemis ships and Kill/Support ship general  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Hades and Artemis ships and Kill/Support ship general
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »
Metamidions and Hades/Flak are kill ships. Fishes and Carro/Artemis Pyras are support ships.
Would a Hades/Artemis combination (on Pyra, Junker, Mobula, etc) make a ship a kill ship or a support ship? Does an extra side Banshee/Artemis change anything or not?
Or does the ally simply define what a kill ship and what a support ship is?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Hades and Artemis ships and Kill/Support ship general
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 10:37:14 pm »
The guns do things and stuff happens then the airships go boom. It either works or not.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:59 am »
In the case of the hades/artemis I would say it is how you use the ship that defines it. Do you try to kill or is the main goal to work as a disable with the hades just adding support for another ship?

Generally I would think most people fly it more as a support or control ship than a killer however focusing more on trying to make sure the enemies can not fight back as hard as they would if not disabled. In pub games all ships are kill ships if you have a good enough crew though. 

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 10:41:03 am »
Hades Artemis is the way forward, recently been experimenting with this combo with banshee and trifecta too, the added killing power really helps, and that's in pick up groups, not with a ship full of clan mates!

Get a good Artemis gunner and you'll put any meta to shame, however it is still a team play game you'll still need your allies to cover your back from flanks if playin defensive or have them flank the enemy if offensive, otherwise if you're with a poor performing ally or no ally at all you'll find yourself relying solely on the Artemis to disable enemy weapons constantly to survive, no killing power but with Silverst on artemis we managed to survive five minutes against 2 metamidions before our butts were saved by Ryder enterin the match half way through. :)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:20 pm »
Hades Artemis is the way forward, recently been experimenting with this combo with banshee and trifecta too, the added killing power really helps, and that's in pick up groups, not with a ship full of clan mates!

Get a good Artemis gunner and you'll put any meta to shame, however it is still a team play game you'll still need your allies to cover your back from flanks if playin defensive or have them flank the enemy if offensive, otherwise if you're with a poor performing ally or no ally at all you'll find yourself relying solely on the Artemis to disable enemy weapons constantly to survive, no killing power but with Silverst on artemis we managed to survive five minutes against 2 metamidions before our butts were saved by Ryder enterin the match half way through. :)

Silverst is crazy accurate on an artemis! ^^

I see hades art pyra as more of a support ship due to the lack of explosive damage, but I see double art hades mob/junkers as somewhere in between kill/support leaning slightly towards kill.

Offline Zirilfer

• Salutes: 12
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 02:14:46 am »
I run a double art hades pyra I'm rather fond of, it's somewhere in between support and kill. It's particularly strong at keeping range as I can back-pedal the pyra fairly well, especially with Kerosene and buffed engines. It takes quite some time to kill on it's own, usually about 3 or 4 hull breaks but it's strong disabling power and deceptive range make it incredibly dangerous. Generally, I run it on 3v3's and 4v4's staying in the middle of the fleet either disabling someone giving trouble like a spire or galleon, or by shooting weak or exposed targets, giving them a bit less hull and maybe scoring a kill. It's ability to knock out engines and guns, and chip of pieces of permahull while taking little fire of it's own makes it a good softener of other ships, hades dual art is fantastic at making brawlers win all their brawls.
I prefer the pyra to this build, as it backpedals better than a mob or junker, has more armor and a smaller profile than the mobula, and has it's guns and balloon less easily disabled as a junker.

TL,DR; Switch between targets at convenience softening up any enemy that's gaining an advantage.