Author Topic: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!  (Read 195418 times)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »
if you would leave ur contacted info roy  can  get back to you a lil quicker

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 09:33:15 pm »
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GentlemenOfIcarus
Friend Captain Roy via our Stream Group to contact him directly.

Offline The-Admiral

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 05:07:44 pm »
Hello there. Flew on a squid with MasX and I believe it was Roy yesterday. They recommended I come here and see about joining you all. Not entirely sure how these sorts of things go, but, I suppose I can figure my way around it. Contact is at http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheAdmiral4/ , though I think Roy and MasX already have me as contacts in GoIO.

I don't have much piloting experience. Dabbled in squid flying and taken over for a goldfish once or twice. The vast majority of my experience is as an engineer, as I expect is probably the norm. I have some gunner experience though, with whatever guns people mount on their ships. Think I've only never fired the beacon launcher. But most of my experience as an actual gunner is manning hwachas(what else) on goldfish and spires. But, I'm good with teamwork and coordination. Seems like listening is not as common a skill as one might imagine. Hopefully can learn to pilot well in the future, but, it will take some practice and learning. Particularly since I've flown goldfish and squids and so my understanding of airship physics might be a little fast and loose. Anyways, contact me anytime. I'll be around on Steam and in game.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »
Welcome  a boared  I don't know if you have a Mic or not
But even if you don't that's kool we usually chat in Skype
My steam is Chronos1112   where trying to  get a second team
For cogs if your interested in competitive play

Offline Zuka'Esrai

• Salutes: 9
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »
Ah hello good sirs! I had the delightful pleasure to man some guns and beat around a few dandys with the good Captain Roy last night. The-Admiral was there as well, and it was a jolly good romp. We really showed them what for!

I am Zuka'Esrai, scallywag of the skies. I'm a captain first, having flown The Furious Vakari to many a victory! When my piloting is not needed, I'm a rather competent gun-gineer and a fine second mate. Gunning has only recently come of interest, thanks in no small part to Roy's lumberjack of awesomeness! I'm of the talkative demeanour, and indeed I get rather unsettled when shipmates give me the ole' blank stare. Teamwork is the call of the day, and I enjoy working alongside other such fine gentlemen. I have many microphones, though I do believe one shall do nicely.

What I'm saying is, Roy told me to say hello here. But I totally posted because I wanted to, not because he said so. Good day, sirs! :D

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 05:29:50 pm »
Welcome  aboard 

Offline The-Admiral

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 06:26:49 pm »
Afraid I'm not familiar with cogs, I'll have to look that up. I've never really done any big competitive stuff; tend to worry that it could become some high pressure hyper-competitive nonsense. But, most of the community that seems to have an investment in this game seems pretty reasonable, so, it could be fun. I'm happy to help with whatever I can. Well, except perhaps piloting. I'm going to need a lot of practice with that.

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 07:24:53 pm »
I can't lie it can be intense take alook at fjord tournament
On twitch.TV qwerty2jam get a taste of how one some of the matches
Or look at some of the cog matches
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 07:26:43 pm by MasX »

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 01:11:47 am »
Finally got around to doing this because I've been really busy since the Cogs.
I just wanted to say thanks for a great match and that it was hard fought. I don't care what anyone says about the length, I really don't - both teams played how they wanted to and that's how it should be. It was fucking brutal and exciting to be a part of it, and there was not a calm moment in the entire match. It honestly didn't feel as long as it was, just trying to focus on staying alive and returning fire. So, great effort, guys.

It really felt like two groups of behemoths just kicking the shit out of each other. Like something out of Battlestar Galactica. Thanks again for the incredible game.

Until next time.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:18:55 am by Morblitz »

Offline MasX

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 05:08:34 pm »
Good game man  you guys finally  got us  our formation was weak pyro wasn't close to the galleon  but good game non the less       still haven't watched the footage and I don't think I want to ......to soon lol

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 05:23:31 am »
Ah, that reminds me- New folks, and some old, cranky folks:

Remember to sign up on the Roster Spreadsheet, and to get invited into the Skype call. Otherwise I'll have no clue as to who you are, and could potentially play several games with you without knowing, as happened today. Just keep bothering Felix and he'll sort you out.

See you in the skies,

Wazulu.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2013, 01:29:15 am »
Hello, I'm interested in getting into some more organized and competitive play. Had some good experiences with some of you folks today and I'd like to join. I sent a friend invite to Capt. Roy on steam, but I don't use its social features very often.

So.... yeah, I've never posted on these forums before and not really sure what the next step is =p

EDIT: I should probably talk about me a bit, eh? I played for a few weeks and then... just sort of forgot about it for a few months. I happened to play again today because I was reminded of its existence due to TGS folks saying they were going to have a tournament of some sort. Most of the games were with and against players who were a bit more coordinated and skilled than I'm used to, and it was a lot more fun. It made me want more of that.

I may need a few tips and I'm unfamiliar with the meta, but I'm good at running around and hitting things with a hammer. =p I'm also a good/decent shot once I get used to whatever gun I'm firing. I like to think I'm pretty good at the game already, but it's hard for me to judge my skill level when I'm not the only one responsible for keeping the ship alive.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:39:36 am by naufrago »

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 03:21:28 pm »
Good evening Gentlemen.

I would be most interested in joining the Clan that seems for me personally to be the only option. You Gentlemen caught my eye and if the teachings of etiquette and refinery apply to your sky conquests then it would be a dream to collaborate with the top brass such as yourselves.  I have been playing GoI for a while on and off, but would like to enter Cogs and other competitive play. I am UK based; have skype and microphone capabilities and am always eager to meet new people, work in a team as well as help other people in the name of civilisation.

I would not say that I am 'good' by any means, though perhaps a Jack-of-all trades master of none, and adequate. I enjoy the feeling of flying the ship, but am equally at home fixing things. Though I have spent the least amount of time as a gunner class, I usually jump on the guns as an engineer hence the disparity in levels. So to reassure you, I am able to shoot things out of the sky.

I hope that this fulfils all that is required. If you care to know more about me, or would like to enquire further please do not hesitate to ask. This is my first post on the forums, but you can contact me via my steam profile if you would like:

-Name Redacted-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:21:50 pm by Keyvias »

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 07:54:42 pm »
I think you've flown on my ship, naufrago, but I can't be positive :D Looking to touch base with you now. PM me your steam info if Roy hasn't contacted you

Offline Robly

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 11:47:28 am »
Hello, good morning/evening. My name is Robly, and on steam I go by the name of Robly18.
I wish to join your group. I picked up Guns of Icarus Online as a gift from a friend a few days ago and have since been hooked. I've played a few rounds with him, but I can't help but feel the people found in most lobbies lack the wits and ability to take orders I wish my teammates would have. For that reason, I've resorted to looking for a good clan that would welcome me and give me a chance to play with teammates with an IQ superior to seven.

So, I resorted to this clan. I love the idea of a place where everyone is seen as an equal and would much like to join! In fact, I've already sent you a friend request!

Have a good day!

PS: I will most certainly have the friend I mentioned join this clan. Expect a response from him.