Author Topic: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!  (Read 195376 times)

Offline ReneF

• Salutes: 0
    • [AKr]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2013, 03:21:48 pm »
Hello there

My in game name is _ReneF_ and my real name is Rene Frlan
I like your caln because it good and i like that you are alway using voicechat in evry match, u are using best guns. Ther is olvays sobebody online that is cool too. And i like that u play turnaments i thik they are so cool and i would like to play on that turnaments. i wil do ewrything what u say to me wil we the best lol . TNX  :)

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 10, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »
Hello there

My in game name is _ReneF_ and my real name is Rene Frlan
I like your caln because it good and i like that you are alway using voicechat in evry match, u are using best guns. Ther is olvays sobebody online that is cool too. And i like that u play turnaments i thik they are so cool and i would like to play on that turnaments. i wil do ewrything what u say to me wil we the best lol . TNX  :)

sry u didn't make the cut

Offline Duzzyy

• Salutes: 1
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »
Well I must say I was taking a wonder around these golly good forums and nearly dropped my tea when I saw a clan fit for the classy members of GoIO.

I may be fairly new to this game but do like to have a jolly good time with some comrades of mine and feel I would fit well in this clan, so in my most polite manner I give your a request for membership onto your crew.

If you need to contact me about anything, drop me a message on Steam, same name was my forum name.

Good day

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2013, 07:10:50 pm »
Well I must say I was taking a wonder around these golly good forums and nearly dropped my tea when I saw a clan fit for the classy members of GoIO.

I may be fairly new to this game but do like to have a jolly good time with some comrades of mine and feel I would fit well in this clan, so in my most polite manner I give your a request for membership onto your crew.

If you need to contact me about anything, drop me a message on Steam, same name was my forum name.

Good day

Go look at the starting post from Morbie, follow the link and we'll see how it goes down.

Offline Caylin

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • The Gent's Website!!!
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »
Evening Gents. Name's Caylin, and as of recently have decided to put some serious game time into GoIo, and would like to get more involved in the community side, while also gaining some friends to play with, and thus I thought, "Why not try and join the awesome and respectful Gents?". So, here I am, having submitted a application on Shivtr, making my presence know on the forums too. you seem like a bunch of truly nice individuals who make an indomitable team in matches (who have kicked my buttocks before), which is exactly what I'm looking for in a clan, if you'll have me of course. thanks.

Offline Madhog

• [TGnt]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2013, 04:23:36 pm »
Hello, Madhog here. I have applied on the forums in an attempt to join your lovely band of fellows. I could not seem to work out how to message someone on the forum as the application suggested, so I am making it known here instead. You all seem like very happy and easy-going people, and I would love to join your ranks. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to see you in the skies soon, whether it be as a friend or foe!

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2013, 10:48:00 pm »
The Gents are narrowing our recruiting to finding players wishing to go competitive, that think they will with this game for the long haul.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2013, 06:49:51 pm »
thanks for the cog match earlier today!
You guys have definetly made our start into the clan scene as rugged as possible. I've just watched the stream of the match and I'm quite sure our late comeback wouldn't have been possible if your pilots didn't have had those lag spikes they've complained about in the interview after the event.
That beeing said I think we'll learn a lot from the match against you. I hope scenes like our horrible first engagement will not repeat and we definetly need to work on our target prioritization.
I'm looking forward to future engagements between you sirs and our SIRs.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2013, 08:26:19 am »
thanks for the cog match earlier today!
You guys have definetly made our start into the clan scene as rugged as possible. I've just watched the stream of the match and I'm quite sure our late comeback wouldn't have been possible if your pilots didn't have had those lag spikes they've complained about in the interview after the event.
That beeing said I think we'll learn a lot from the match against you. I hope scenes like our horrible first engagement will not repeat and we definetly need to work on our target prioritization.
I'm looking forward to future engagements between you sirs and our SIRs.

Much obliged and thank you for your understanding, it's true, Feast was certainly having a hard time with his internet and it was rough. Looking forward to future engaments as well.

Fly safe Rhinos.

Offline Peppy Hare

• [Tgnt]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 20, 2013, 07:02:59 am »
Dear Gents
I have submitted an application on your website how do I check its status
Sincerely Beardo

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 20, 2013, 01:16:21 pm »
Just watch the actual site where ur application was send on. We will talk about and give u information there.
If u missed to save that link ill just send u the link in here as a private message for u to check. Just give us a bid more time.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2013, 11:40:57 pm »
This may be inappropriate, or maybe redundant, but I'm going to hijack your thread for a second to tell you what you already know, why your build was so brilliant today.

Three months ago and earlier the standard game meta was two pyramidions, each one had two close range brawling weapons on the front (gatt+flak/mortar) and two long range sniping weapons on the side (mercs, always mercs). This really went away about two months ago. Junkers became extremely popular, and pyramidions needed to develop trifecta tactics to deal with Junker brawling, the dual purpose pyramidion really vanished from top tier play.

And then Gentleguard came to a tournament. You were given a patch that came with a new gun, and radically changed just about every gun. Instead of doing what everyone else did, you appropriated this ancient Pyramidion meta for the new weapon changes. And it was awesome. It wasn't even the merc/artemis sides, or the Hades that blew me away, it was the carousel. That carousel was the heavy lifting gun on your team, an absolute first in competitive history.

I learned a lot today Gents it was a real privilege to play against such an exquisitely designed build.

Offline Frogger

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2013, 11:44:50 pm »
Yes indeed, congratulations from the RAFT to the Gents! You guys did a lot of stuff we hadn't seen before - very encouraging to see the meta being expanded in effective new directions!

Looking forward to our next battle :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »
As the Dancing Feather's main engi, all I have to say is:

"Dat banshee"

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2013, 05:08:59 am »
This may be inappropriate, or maybe redundant, but I'm going to hijack your thread for a second to tell you what you already know, why your build was so brilliant today.

Three months ago and earlier the standard game meta was two pyramidions, each one had two close range brawling weapons on the front (gatt+flak/mortar) and two long range sniping weapons on the side (mercs, always mercs). This really went away about two months ago. Junkers became extremely popular, and pyramidions needed to develop trifecta tactics to deal with Junker brawling, the dual purpose pyramidion really vanished from top tier play.

And then Gentleguard came to a tournament. You were given a patch that came with a new gun, and radically changed just about every gun. Instead of doing what everyone else did, you appropriated this ancient Pyramidion meta for the new weapon changes. And it was awesome. It wasn't even the merc/artemis sides, or the Hades that blew me away, it was the carousel. That carousel was the heavy lifting gun on your team, an absolute first in competitive history.

I learned a lot today Gents it was a real privilege to play against such an exquisitely designed build.

Thank you, you have no idea what that means to me. After our horrible bad luck in week 7, morale was low. Most members were ready to throw in the towel. I was just able to rally the troops to pull us back in week 8. For week 9 we trained really hard. When the patch came out I theory crafted hard. I wanted to bring us back to our roots; take a known build and turn it up side down. Bring something old, and new. I figured most teams would not change their builds for something new and risky in the finals. But we had nothing to lose. It was a risk but we trained hard with our new setup with only the few days we had.