Author Topic: Gabriel and the Icarus  (Read 8518 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Gabriel and the Icarus
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:46:06 am »
http://gunsoficarus.com/world/history/flight-of-the-icarus/

I find myself rather enthralled by this half told story and I just so happen to need practice on rpgmaker.
So I'm entertaining the idea of making a game based off the tale of how Gabriel found/made the Icarus.

All I've got in regards to it is this which is all about the flight and activity of the Icarus. As well as info on all the locations giving tiny hints.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Gabriel went into the Labyrinth and discovered the technology there and slow built the Icarus. At first he went there over and over and got continually chastised until one day he simply vanished and was lost.

Only to be found out later to have left flying out in the Icarus.

So if I were to make a game out of this. It would be like a monster hunter like game where he goes on missions to explore and then return back to the Paritus. At this point, he's only discovering weaponry and gadgets and ammunition.

And about a third of the way through the game. He finds himself a new hub (possibly trapped in the labyrinth, possibly the Icarus in ship form) where he finds parts to build parts for an airship, because his only means of escape is the air.

He makes many attempts, many of which nearly killing him as his ship crashes constantly with each new build.

e.g. he gets Icarus aloft but lacks the ability to control the altitude.

but the story is lacking some sort of antagonist. During his journey he had bandits and pirates. But at this point no one was apparently interested in the labyrinth.

Maybe some dark secret was found in the labyrinth. One where Gabriel believed needed to be sealed but was stolen away by bandits. iunno.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:58:15 am by Ceresbane »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Gabriel and the Icarus
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 09:53:34 pm »
If you want to know more about good ol' Gabe and his Humungo airship with a cool name, 'Flight of the Icarus' is n Steam for like 5 bucks.  Might net you some info.  Other than that, hell yes.  Maybe the Antagonist could be a Chaladonian or Anglean trying to steal his research?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 11:05:34 pm »
apparently its glitched to all hell.
here's the game to those also curious.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/49800/

but yes it is quite curious how in this game Gabe wasn't the only person the skies. I imagined he was the only one and dominated the sky, air and sea with the Icarus saving everyone from the land of bandits. Hence why he became such a prominent figure and people followed his example and followed him into the sky.

But given this new information. Having his research stolen might have necessitated the creation of the Icarus, as the birth of the sky pirates was in fact due to him.

Maybe in the mid game Gabe was banished from Paritus after endangering everyone as news of a genius tinkerer spread to far away lands. As such to no longer endanger Paritus, he was banished from there making a home in the Labyrinth. He continued his research but was continually attacked, many people after him or his research.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:22:52 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 11:13:14 am »
but yes it is quite curious how in this game Gabe wasn't the only person the skies..

I feel like planes were a viable source of transport at the time. It's just.. well... airplanes aren't famed for being incredibly durable, large enough to transport crews and cargo, and the ability to power through the environment without having to move.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:05:18 pm »
tell that to cargo planes.

But I also noticed that the pirates did also have airships. adding to the stolen research theory

Offline Axius

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:41 am »
I wrote a short story-ish thing about Gabriel's journey at the beginning of the year. I meant to use as a script for when I played it on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/axius15 *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*), but I've been horribly ill for the last year and 4 months (really sucks) so I haven't been able to film it, but it's still a really good read. Here it is: http://bit.ly/13EvEZq

It's still a work in progress (been 10 months and still not done :P). I really hate "The Nomads at Ellius" but I'm yet to think of anything better. If you want to, please provide feedback. This story uses my better writing style so I think it'll be fine, but I can always use opinions. Hope you enjoy :D

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:00:24 pm »
but the story is lacking some sort of antagonist. During his journey he had bandits and pirates. But at this point no one was apparently interested in the labyrinth.

Maybe some dark secret was found in the labyrinth. One where Gabriel believed needed to be sealed but was stolen away by bandits. iunno.

I suppose that hostile enviroment is pretty good antagonist (example: well, shit. All survival games. By if I had to pick two: NeoScavenger, Darkwood).