Author Topic: In-game objects tradable via steam marketplace?  (Read 5932 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
In-game objects tradable via steam marketplace?
« on: December 01, 2014, 10:56:42 pm »
Might be an interesting way to have a regular source of income.

Any nay sayers? I'm having difficulty thinking of any major problems with this besides the implementation. And even if there were any, we can always discuss solutions.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: In-game objects tradable via steam marketplace?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 04:52:12 am »
I imagine income will come along with adventure mode, quite possibly Co-Op though less likely with Co-Op.
But I've often wondered how it would be to earn income and spend it on various things, maybe even what it would be like if the ships came with a tiered upgrade system based on income. :)

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 10:13:13 am »
maybe even what it would be like if the ships came with a tiered upgrade system based on income. :)

NOPE NO NO NOPE.

Ahem...

What I LOVE about Icarus is that, if I were to sign up and join today, I have just as many tools and ships and opportunities as someone who's played 9000+ matches. It's so fair, it's almost criminal. Experience and practice are literally the only things separating powder monkeys from vets and I think that's beautiful

edit: it's possible I misread your statement, in which case I apologize

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
DJ: I agree entirely!
I should have mentioned "only in adventure mode" for the ship upgrades, for skirmish and PvP I fully agree with you though :)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 04:48:42 pm »
I rather dislike micro transaction and in-game stores (unless they are fully cosmetic).

I don't mind in-game objects being tradable, but I don't see a need. There's nothing that I want to trade (that I can't just buy in the store). There isn't enough in-game objects (yet) for viable economy.

Once GOIO has as many hats as tf2 and has a way to perhaps acquire in-game objects outside the store, I'll be up for community trades. Trade will simply have to wait.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:20:59 pm »
Well there are already exclusive event/seasonal stuff like the anniversary party hats.

but yeah. I was thinking of the tf2 model in regards to this.

Plus with work shop coming along nicely. you got yourself a nice lil hat factory going on.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:26:26 pm »
well, the stuff that is approved in the workshop will be free to all users.  so if someone wants a hat or decal from there, they can just grab it.  that wouldn't go into trades at all.

I do wish items in the shop could be purchased as gift items, but I'm a bit hesitant about an outright trade system.  I'll mull it over...

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 01:41:29 pm »
well, the stuff that is approved in the workshop will be free to all users.  so if someone wants a hat or decal from there, they can just grab it.  that wouldn't go into trades at all.

I do wish items in the shop could be purchased as gift items, but I'm a bit hesitant about an outright trade system.  I'll mull it over...

Dev match codes work as gift codes, so e-mail feedback@musegames and I'm sure they'll help you buy codes!
Everytime I've emailed them, even if it was valves fault, they've helped me make my purchases, though the payment itself may not be through valve but gifts are possible simply due to muse having such good customer service, though the ability I buy gifts in game would be nice! I
 Thinking Fireside :)