Author Topic: the REAL Sunday Community Skirmish #30 (Signups for Sunday 7th December)  (Read 12972 times)

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile

Sunday Community Skirmish on Facebook
There is a unique tradition practised by a mysterious sect of monks, its origins lost in the mists of time. Every Sunday, they would rise from their deep contemplation of the universe to duke it out in homemade airships across a variety of exotic locales. Largely forgotten for centuries, now that the airship is mainstream, the sect have gone public, encouraging any young men and women who will listen to participate in violent weekend air battles. At least it gets them off the streets.

This signup thread is for the Skirmish at 8pm UTC on Sunday 7th Decemberr (example: Britain is currently on UTC) The event is normally streamed by Fourth Oracle, as well as other streamers who vary from week to week. The details of all streams will be made clear on the day of the event.
The event follows the same 2v2 deathmatch, single elimination, best of 3 format that you should be used to. Teams should consist of 8 players - please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to turn up with a full team.

Signups should be posted in this thread and include a Steam/Skype contact and team name. Signups close at midnight (UTC) on Friday the 5th December. Please try to avoid last minute signups.
The bracket and map rolls will be available soon after signups close. (brackets at http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/)
Participants will be contacted when their matches are starting, although it's encouraged to consult the bracket and keep track of the streams so you have a decent idea of when you will be playing.

Time Limit Rules
Every match has a base time limit of 15 minutes. However each Bo3 has a "reserve" time of 10 minutes; if a match runs past 15 minutes it will draw on the reserve time for that Bo3. If a match passes 15 minutes and all reserve time has been expended, it will end immediately. Hopefully this will prevent the long matches that mess up our scheduling without the inflexibility of a flat reduction to the old time limit. We're open to tweaking the numbers or reverting to the old system if this doesn't work out.
If a match is left tied by this system the Bo3 will continue regardless. In the case of a tied Bo3, the result will be decided by scores, or failing that a coin toss.

Teams are allowed 5 minutes of lobby time after their game is scheduled to start. In a situation where a team do not make a fair attempt to be ready within this span it may be counted as a forfeit depending on whether the event is already running behind schedule.

Substitution/Disconnect Rules:
  • Nobody may play for more than one team on the same day.
  • The match referee is authorised to call pauses and allow substitutions midmatch at their own discretion. A guideline is about 2 pauses/substitutions per team per match. However if both teams are happy to have a pause or it otherwise seems appropriate in the circumstances the referee can allow as many pauses as necessary.
  • In the same way it is up to the referee to judge when a match restart is appropriate. Generally restarts should be avoided if kills have already been scored, however it is still an option in situations where lag/disconnects are severely affecting the progress and/or outcome of a match.
  • The timer may be reset or bonus time may be added in situations where time has been lost for reasons beyond the teams' control eg. disconnects or match restarts.

Communication Abuse:
Participants are asked not to use ingame chat in a way that may cause offence or is otherwise inappropriate. It is at the discretion of the match referee to ask players to stop using chat and if necessary penalise teams with a match forfeit for persistent inappropriate communication. The referee is also authorised to restart the match in a situation where an individual player is causing trouble and needs to be removed. As with any match restart, the referee's decision should be made taking into account the current situation. In the case of a restart the scores are not reset; the new and previous lobbies should have their scores added.

Newcomer Bias:
The bracket may be altered to ensure that particularly newer teams are not exposed to a first match against a massively more experienced team.

The usual reminder: Please only sign up if you are confident of your ability to produce a full team of 8 players.
(note you don't actually have to provide a roster to prove this. We'll take your word for it.)

As noted before, it may prove necessary to run matches offstream if the number of participants exceeds what available streamers can handle.

Offline Captain Jay Kill

• Salutes: 3
    • [Flib]
    • View Profile
    • Les Flibustiers d'Icarus
Re: the REAL Sunday Community Skirmish #30 (Signups for Sunday 7th December)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:59:48 am »
"Les Flibustiers" are signing up, with more unpronounceable french ship names...

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 12:38:13 pm »
Ryders signing up!

Offline Princess Tutu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 7
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 04:15:07 pm »
Mad Hatters

Offline Heldigris

• Salutes: 6
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:00:45 pm »
U WoD m8 its time for some action

contacts: Celti, Heldigris

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 02:35:40 pm »
Bards and Co. Signing Up!

BARDS & CO.         We don't know where the Starbubbles are, so we're just grabbing some friends!

I'm so good at inspirational messages

Contact is Logicalia

Actual photo of Bards & Co.

Offline FluffyHetsche

• Salutes: 4
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 03:16:11 pm »
To whom this may concern.

I am Maj. Timothy Banya, the commander and head of the Secret  Unit in charge of Diamond dealing for the Revolutionary United  Front (RUF) of Sierra-Leone. I was working directly with the former Rebel Leader Foday Sankoh who is languishing in government  custody. They want to prosecute him for illegal diamond dealing and  the killings of 21 people during a public demonstration outside his  home in May this year, which I would be prosecuted alongside.

The RUF is now headed by Gen. Issa Sessey who is determined in  bringing peace to Sierra Leone, he signed cease- fire agreement  with the government on Friday and instructed us  that peace must returned to our fatherland after nine-years  conflict, pledging to allow U.N. troops unhindered access  throughout the Sierra-Leone. My fear is that the government will try  most of us and all our assets would be confiscated why all traceable  accounts to our name and families would also be frozen.

In view of this development, I am trapped with large quantity of  diamond and some million of United States dollars that is in cash  with my Wife who dose not have the know-how to launder this  money without any trace to our name and how to dispose these  unpolished diamonds accordingly.   My situation is very desperate,  as I cannot desert my profession at this point in my life with all that  I have acquired.

If you can assist me in signing up the Praetorians for this week's SCS, I am ready to concede some percentage for  your logistic and material involvement. Contact me for more details.

Yours faithfully.

LazyPandas

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »
Attn: The President

Sir,

RE: MONEY TRANSFER / INVESTMENT PROPOSAL

INTRODUCTION: l am Dr John Kabba a Civil Servant in the Ministry of Health. l know this proposal will come to you as a surprise because we have not met before either physically or through correspondence. I got your contact from our chamber of commerce here in Nigeria and have no doubt in your ability to handle this proposal involving huge sum of money.

THE SUBJECT: My father Chief Koko Jaja (Now Late) was the Royal Head of my community, ELEME (an oil rich town) in Nigeria. My community produces 5.8% of the total crude oil production in Nigeria and 0.5% of the Dollar value of each barrel is paid to my father as royalty by the Federal Government. My father was also the Chairman of ELEME Special Oil Trust Fund. In his position as the Royal head and Chairman of the Oil Trust Fund, he made some money which he left for me as the only heir to inherit.The money is Twenty Five Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars($25.5m). This Money originated from the accumulated royalties between 1976-1998 .

Due to poor banking system in Nigeria and political instability as a result of past Military rules (1985-1999) , he deposited this Money in a Strong Room/"VAULTS" with an open beneficiary in Apex Bank of Nigeria pending when he would finish arrangement to transfer it abroad as a CONTRACT PAYMENT. He was planning this when he died late last year of Heart Attack.

THE PROPOSAL: Just before my father died he called my attention to the money and charged me to look for a foreigner who would assist me in the transfer/investment of the funds abroad. So l would be very grateful if you could accept to help me achieve this great objective. I promise to give you 20% of the total funds transferred to your vital bank account as compensation for your assistance in signing up the centurions for this week's SCS. Five percent (5%)would be set aside to take care of all expenses we may incure during the transaction. To indicate your interest, contact me urgently and confidentially for more information and the roles you will play in this business. All the legal Documents concerning this Money will be sent to you as soon as we agreed together. Send your reply through this box please. May the almighty God bless you.

Yours faithfully

LazyPandas

Ps. Please contact -Blue- or Assault Pig for more info.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:02:50 pm by LazyPandas »

Offline Queu Fox P.

• Salutes: 5
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 07:05:23 pm »
Cake Signing up! Contacts will be Queu Fox P. and Spud Nick!

Offline Zombieofthepast

• Salutes: 1
    • [kOut]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 12:05:00 am »
kOut signing up!  Our premiere in the GOIO scene, get hype.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:16:51 am by Zombieofthepast »

Offline Zombieofthepast

• Salutes: 1
    • [kOut]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 02:01:29 am »
I just re-read the original post, and just now realized that the time that sign-ups closed was midnight UTC, and not midnight Eastern time.  I didn't want to sign us up until I was confident we could get 8 players to show, so I didn't sign up until just now.  Is there any chance we could somehow still get signed up for the skirmish this Sunday?  I apologize for overlooking the time zone, it was my mistake.  Thanks!

~Zombie

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 07:43:43 am »
I just re-read the original post, and just now realized that the time that sign-ups closed was midnight UTC, and not midnight Eastern time.  I didn't want to sign us up until I was confident we could get 8 players to show, so I didn't sign up until just now.  Is there any chance we could somehow still get signed up for the skirmish this Sunday?  I apologize for overlooking the time zone, it was my mistake.  Thanks!

~Zombie

we're happy to allow a little flexibility with the signup deadline. your signup has been accepted.

bracket: http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/sundayskirmish30

Map rolls to come soon.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 06:30:21 am »
you can see and spred information about the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1572235533009068/?context=create&previousaction=create&source=49&sid_create=2921144289
you can find todays streams at: http://robanddan.tv/live

todays schedule so far will be:

round 1:
match a: http://www.twitch.tv/rethburn
match d: http://www.twitch.tv/therobanddanshow
match e: http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus

round 2:
match b: http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus
match c: http://www.twitch.tv/therobanddanshow

round 3:
match f: http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus
match g: http://www.twitch.tv/therobanddanshow

finals: http://www.twitch.tv/gunsoficarus

Be aware that this schedule might change, I will post here if that happens
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:13:43 am by Skrimskraw »

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 08:44:47 am »
Bracket: http://goiocommunity.challonge.com/sundayskirmish30
Map Rolls: http://pastebin.com/nHtyYQDE

Duel at Dawn has been excluded from the map pool this week due to issues with ship spawns.