Author Topic: Event Match + a monthly clan vs clan event idea..  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Event Match + a monthly clan vs clan event idea..
« on: November 21, 2014, 09:07:35 pm »
Could there be an option  where a player is given the ability to set up event matches..

Basically set up exactly like a custom game except its a match list of event matches set up by certain people..

The difference being it could have a lot more options... Like maps to play and the order of them.. Maybe drums or customizable win conditions.. ship slot buff (think making vip ship harder to kill).. etc.. to really customize the match for an event..

I am sure event creators could give you a lot of "options" they'd like to make it really work for them.. I am sure this kinda thing has been suggested a lot of times by the people who make events..

---------------

Then also, like you have bounty hunter... What about a monthly event that's more clan vs clan..

This is a bit of a complicated idea so bare with me... An I might be thinking this out a little as I go...

The event could be held at a few hours of the day, like one hour  at three different times a day, so its more viable for people anywhere to get in to one of them.. Maybe at the peak hours for each region.. idk..

A clan can only play in an event game once per day...

To join the event , maybe like during the hour you have to set up a crew form, everyone in that crew form has to be from the same clan - MAYBE - if it needs to happen you could have one ship and its paired with another clan who only has one ship... to increase how many can participate..

Then if the criteria is met, you can join the event queue instead of the normal queue.. The queue would have like a join in this time frame.. So all the teams are in the queue at the same time before the event actually starts..

So now the match maker has a bunch of teams in it, and it tries to pair teams who are equally rated..

-In the lobby you cannot change your ship or ship load out that's decided in the crew form before you start the event. I think I would want this as a rule but it doesn't have to be.. My reasoning is though you can't just win because you know what ships beats the enemies load out.. So it makes it little more interesting maybe..-

Now everyone plays their match.. Matches end... Every team gets some points towards several goals, not just wins...

So have several goals.. So you don't have to win every game to win something... Like..

Deadliest team - has the most ship kills.. over the course of the event..

Days attended - so just a point for showing up..

Winners - Most wins

Losers - most loses? Is this ok?..

Disablers - most part breaks..

Rebuilders -  Most repairs.

Arsonists - Most fires set.

Rammer (that sounds wierd..) - Most ram kills

Snipers - Most longrange kills

Brawlers - Most close range kills

Maybe some.. rare badge ideas.. that aren't always given out..

Invincible - most games won with no deaths but ships are near death (like less then 10% health).. Only awarded if someone has like 5 games where it happens?..

Ship related - where every game was played with the same ship.. So like if someone plays every game with two galleons and wins like 5 of them, they get a galleon related badge..

Anyway you get the idea.. I'm sure you guys could come up with a lot of things like this.. That could be interesting to try to get..

Each team can only win a single badge in the event.. So if team A wins the most games and gets the most kills - they either get to pick which badge they want... And the other badge goes to the next in line.. Or.. The game just has a set order to hand them out to speed up the process..

This would make the event interesting for as long as there are more badges to earn.. and make it more likely more people actually get something... Cause .. Getting something is nice..

To me it sounds viable, but maybe I am over looking something.. or we really lack the clan support to make this work?.. Not sure. It would need more thought probably but that's generally the idea... Thoughts?