Author Topic: New Testing, Balance! (Saturday 22nd)  (Read 37329 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: New Testing, Balance! (Saturday 22nd)
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2014, 04:14:45 pm »
MMmmmmm... Pineapple.

I like the idea of lowered balloon rebuild times. Always seemed silly that they took the longest of anything to repair. I am also a proponent of each ship having a different balloon health.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2014, 06:14:46 pm »
Well it makes sense. If the armor rebuild times can vary between ships then balloon could too. Although, that might not help the Junker as it already has a huge balloon.

However, reducing the balloon HP...no. Hydro is already sensitive enough and limited to full balloon usage. Reducing the hp could instant kill balloons on some ships. Unless, Hydro is reworked so it is in proportion. If it is % based instead of a hard number, yep lets do it.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2014, 07:17:28 pm »
Well it makes sense. If the armor rebuild times can vary between ships then balloon could too. Although, that might not help the Junker as it already has a huge balloon.

However, reducing the balloon HP...no. Hydro is already sensitive enough and limited to full balloon usage. Reducing the hp could instant kill balloons on some ships. Unless, Hydro is reworked so it is in proportion. If it is % based instead of a hard number, yep lets do it.

I believe he mentioned that.  Different Balloon healths sound really good!  Galleon would probaly have near highest, Pyra lowest, considering the armor.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2014, 09:32:27 pm »
Yeah he mentioned it. All damage is proportionate as today to make repairing the baloon easier. Thats it.

As much as i like this, i cant help feeling it would brake somethings.
But also introduce new things.

Mobulas will be very strong, and maybe also junkers.
All ships will be available to hydro or chutevent the moment the baloon is repaired.
Drogue chute may be less used.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2014, 01:59:48 am »
Yeah I skimmed earlier, was on the way out at the time. Glad to see someone else thought of the same thing.

One way to balance it is to make the rebuilds faster based on weight. Therefore the heavier ships would take longer than the lighter ones. The Mobula is almost all balloon so if this was changed, it would mean an already weak ship suddenly becomes even worse with huge rebuild times. But if we take into account weight, could give the mobby a high balloon HP with moderate rebuild. Junker would likely fall into a decent spot too.

So down the list...

Galleon: High HP, Slow Rebuild
Pyra: Mid HP, Slow Rebuild (wouldn't really hurt it much, it has armor around part of it after all)
Junker: High HP, Fast-Mid rebuild
Mobula: High HP, Fast-Mid rebuild
Goldfish: Mid HP, Mid Rebuild
Spire: Low HP, Fast Rebuild
Squid: Low HP, Fast Rebuild

Think that might be how it would work out. Anyone else have an edit?

If Hydro goes % based. Would work. Think in tactics, the tactical balloon blow maneuver would become popular for some lighter builds. Then if HP is high enough on the more exposed Galleons, the blender would have to sit there blending for awhile to chop it. With repairs going on/etc. It could buy a vessel enough time to counter or have allies arrive to assist.