Author Topic: Feedback Debate  (Read 27171 times)

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
Feedback Debate
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:11:09 pm »
Lots of people have their own opinions on game mechanics and will defend them to the death, so I decided to see if we could find anything in arguments.

What ship is the most powerful? Yes, this includes what weapons it's using.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Feedback Debate
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 01:12:19 pm »
This very much depends on the  situation, but I'd say either a Metamidion or a Meta Junker.  Hwacha Galleon is extremely strong as well.  If I had to pick one though, it would be the Pyramidion.  Tough, strong, and fast, it has strong offense and defense.  It is capable of Sniping, Brawling, Disabling... whatever role you want, really.  It does require some skill to fly at it's full potential, however.

Offline Ruairi

• Salutes: 6
    • [ƤƦ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 01:15:04 pm »
There is no such thing as "the most powerful ship." A ships effectiveness is determined by the pilot, its crew, its ally ship, what ships the enemy is flying and finally the map and the strategy behind what needs to be accomplished in order to win.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 01:17:04 pm »
hmmmmmm.  I feel like that's almost an impossible question to answer.  it depends on so much - and the biggest thing it's dependent upon is what your enemy's bring and what your ally's bring.

if you're talking strictly taking down a ship, gatling/mortar is probably best, and that's probably most effective on pyras and junkers.  when you throw in the skill of the person on the mortar, it's easier to hit from a front gun than a side, so probably pyra.

but if the enemy's bringing long-range weapons, that metamidion may not be effective at all; they may get disabled or fall before they ever get in range.

for longer range, hades can tear up a ship as well.  I've seen hades/artemis and double hades done on varying ships; I'm not sure which build is better.

but this is strictly speaking to bring ships down.  not every match is a DM, and sometimes, speaking of "most powerful" is in disabling power, not power to kill.

there are so many answers to this, and none of them are wrong.  different ship builds are used to counter other ship builds, different ship builds compliment each other well.  and some players function better on a particular ship or build better than another.

aaaaaand this sort of variety is one of the things I love about this game <3
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 01:19:58 pm by shaelyn »

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 01:19:15 pm »
The strongest ship is the one that is most well suited to the current situation.

I know it is not a specific answer but it is the most truthful answer I can give

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 02:28:32 pm »
There is no such thing as "the most powerful ship." A ships effectiveness is determined by the pilot, its crew, its ally ship, what ships the enemy is flying and finally the map and the strategy behind what needs to be accomplished in order to win.

Indeed. If pilot knows what he is doing, he can even rock with full flamer mobula on dunes.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 02:33:40 pm »
I agree with Riggatto. Squids and spires even excel in some areas.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 06:18:13 am »
There is no strongest ship, but there is "the easiest ship to use for making what you want possible"

Pyramideon imo is not just EASY but VERY EASY to use. This is what makes players that use to acomplish most what they do. There is no real punishing effect other than missing a ram which is not the enemies fault, but rather the pilot on the pyramideon.

The spire as viable ship it is, is not hard to use, its VERY HARD. I enjoy it immensly and its unique use does need punishing a bit. But it is too hard to be apealing for players or is so hard that its obviouse when the ships disadvantage becomes impossible.

The squid, as HARD as it is. Does need some kind of tuning. The only hard hitting weapon is Flamers if the enemy doesnt have chem, or Mines. But that makes the ship even harder. If anything a new welcoming number for the squid is fully welcomed.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 07:47:33 pm »
It's the munker duh.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »
Its all crew and loadout relevant. Munkers can be either insanely OP or very weak depending on crew/pilot/etc. Also depending on counters and other loadouts. There is no one surefire #1. If you get into 1v1 analysis, it gets even more skewed.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 05:46:20 am »
Mobula OP

Offline Mean Machine

• Salutes: 31
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:08 am »
Agree with "no ship is the best or strongest". It really depends on a lot of different parameters. For example, pyra could struggle against galleon in some situations, while blenderfish could totally mess up that galleon and put it out of fight. But then in other match that pyra could destroy blenderfish with no trouble. There are so many possibilites.

But, pyramidion seems like it has the least amount of weak points. Plus it's easy to use and easy on crew, so that's why it's such a good all around ship and seems like it's very powerful. But I think most other ships have better power potential, when used correctly.

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 09:07:13 am »
I'm going to shift the focus a little bit. What's the most underused pilot tool so far in the patch? I'm not asking "What is the most useless", but maybe both answers are one and the same?

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 09:07:52 am »
Yesterday I saw sneaking up... with a bloody, fat-ass Galleon.

...damn...

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 09:18:25 am »