Author Topic: 11/22/14 - Aerodrome S.o.R. Episode 4: Winds of Vengeance  (Read 8929 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
11/22/14 - Aerodrome S.o.R. Episode 4: Winds of Vengeance
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:54:04 pm »

Narrative video should be up by the end of the week, but so commanders can start plotting and planning their moves this week, here is the Episode 4 match list.

This is a rematch week. Not by design but by necessity to finish the gametype rotation before going into week 5. Teams that haven't played each other yet, will do so in Week 5. Which kinda gives away the match list for week 5.

That said, here we go...

Episode 4: Winds of Vengeance

How quickly can winds change? For the Coalition, they’ve discovered how deadly they can be as their past victories are now mere memories.

With command decisions disrupted and chaos among Coalition ranks, the need for revenge is high and the Pact smells blood in the air.

Match 1: Green Sun vs SPQR
Map: Water Hazard (NP-VIP)

Escaping from Firnfeld, the forces from Green Sun found themselves cut off from reinforcements and have thus made the only move they could make, slipping into the Black Channel in order to regroup.

Thinking they have a chance to breathe easier while protected by The Teeth, they instead find themselves pressed hard upon by the SPQR fleet which followed them from Firnfeld.

Words of defeat has reached the ears of SPQR captains and while they know they are needed desperately on the front line, they will not let another Ryder situation occur behind their lines.

The supply lines from Chaladon have to be secured if the Coalition has any hope of surging back. Will SPQR be able to strike down the merchant leader of the Green Sun fleet? Or will Green Sun escape and live to fight another day?

Match 2: Dragontown vs WoD & Clan Clan
Map: Dunes (BC-VIP)

While the battle at the Refinery wasn’t a total loss for the Deadalus and Clan Clan forces, their retreat to the desert line was necessary as Pact forces surged out of the Canyons.

With the Blackcliff Baron slain, the burden of command has been handed off to the Everesk Baroness who had been managing the rear guard. While she is experienced with fighting Angleans on the border of Firnfeld, her desert combat experience is less than the others. Something she is quickly having to now learn on the job.

As she scrambles to regroup splintering Coalition frontlines, the Dragontown bombers, hungry for more blood from their former foes, have advanced at flank speed into the desert.

Will the combined forces of Deadalus and Clan Clan be able to force back the Bomber’s advance and protect their Baroness? Or will the Bombers deal another painful blow upon Coalition leadership?

Match 3: Storm Ryders vs CSM
Map: Anglean Raiders

“Home sweet home,” is what the Ryders would like to say as they rearm in Anglea. However, their former comrades will not allow it.

Displeased with letting the Ryder commander slip away, the Crimson Sky Menace forces have advanced upon Anglea in the hunt of the fleeing Ryders.

Seeing this as a chance to inflict major damage upon Anglean infrastructure, the Menace steels themselves for what they have to do. For they are no longer trading blows with comrades, but firing directly upon their home country.

Once hailed as heroes of Anglea, with the Ryders, the Menace returns as villians and the Ryders rise to meet them. Will the Ryders be able to fight them off as true heroes of Anglea? Or will the Menace strike deep at the heart of Anglea and we welcomed back to their new home, as heroes of the Coalition?

Match 4: Flamefeld vs Hydra
Map: Northern Fjords

With another defeat handed them in the Canyons, the Hydra special forces have retreated back to Fjordlander territory in an attempt to form up with fresh Hydra boats now arriving from Chaladon.

However, their escape was sloppy, as the numerous battles have taken their toll on Hydra warships, and the trail of parts was not overlooked by the Pact.

Following them, the Flamefled Minelayers snuck past the Coalition flanks and have found themselves out of the desert and into the icy Fjords.

Now facing off again, the Minelayers seek to completely sever the last heads of the Hydra and put down the serpent once and for all.

But will it be that easy? One must never count out the slipperiness of a snake and within Coalition lands, and close to their homeland, they could be even more slippery. Can Hydra make the Minelayers wish they stayed at home in the canyons? Or will the Minelayers strike a critical blow just a stones throw away from Lord’s Leap?

Let the Winds of Vengeance blow!

Nitty Gritty

Streaming channel: http://www.twitch.tv/therobanddanshow

Time will be 3pm EST/12pm PST/8pm GMT Saturday. This may help resolve time issues for you: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/est-to-gmt-converter

Teams are requested to be in game and start forming up 15mins prior if not sooner. Bully Buddies and Scorekeepers will have lobbies preloaded and ready to go well in advance and passwords will be given out ahead of time too. Teams may join in and start filling their lobby at any time during the event, earlier the better. But they will be requested to hold off starting until all clear is given. The match ref/scorekeeper will handle that.

We will continue to use both the Aerodrome Steam Group and the Skype group to communicate between the teams.

Anyone who has not responded to my personal messages regarding either skype or the steam group needs to do so now so I can add you.

The Bully Boys will attempt to have ships ready to fill in but new ships able to join or alliance ships with players interested in flying an extra match, please state interest.

Offline RunningTree

• Salutes: 17
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
Re: 11/22/14 - Aerodrome S.o.R. Episode 4: Winds of Vengeance
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 02:09:15 pm »
Letters from the Sands #4

Dear P-----

I am sure that by now you have heard much about the advance encroaching upon Hanat, so I feel no need to be covert in my words.

It is us.

I write to you in haste soon after learning of our assignment, and hope that this message arrives ahead of us with time enough for you to act.

If you do not remember my name, perhaps the insignia of the messenger delivering this would be familiar.

You hosted a few of us, I among them, during the final days of the Anglean-Yeshan conflict. At the time, I was a junior technician with neither office nor influence. But we spoke a while, and you told me about the difficulties that plagued you and your fellow townsmen every day. I recall you saying how very little difference it made whether it was an Anglean raid, a deployment of the Order, or a Yeshan border skirmish -- war, you said, never changes. And knowing of your plight and those of many others weigh on me daily.

Yet even though we were very much part of the cause of your troubles, you still opened your doors to us, and were courteous and helpful as we rested and recovered. I remember this well, and for this I have kept you and Hanat close to heart. Incredible that the year has hardly passed and hostilities have once again escalated, and we return towards Hanat now in a most dismal state of affairs.

I am sending this message out of earnest concern for your safety. If we fail in our assault, surely Anglea would finally secure a permanent foothold into Firnfeld? But if we succeed, who knows what the Baronies wish to do with Hanat?

Please. Take your loved ones and find refuge -- now.

The messenger delivering this is a member of my crew, currently on leave, and he has been tasked to assist you in any way you require. We cannot guarantee the outcome, but I hope you will take heed of this warning, as a gesture of my continued and unforgotten goodwill towards your hospitality.

And if instead you feel that this act of mine is in any way disingenuous, then I would not fault you at all. I know that when we fight in the skies, we think nothing of the terror of those on the ground.

My sincerest apologies.

R-----

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:20:13 am »
On behalf of [Clan] Clan Clan, I would like to formerly apologize to the casters.  You see, when we had to add VIP to our squid's name, we had to remove a few letters from it.  We can understand how this would create some confusion and difficulty in pronunciation.  Therefore, I am letting you know now, that Lochnagar's squid's full ship name is Brzęczyszczykiewicz.  Should we run into this situation again where Lochnagar's squid's ship name is truncated, now you know the full and complete name.  Please use this in the future.  We deeply regret not providing you with the complete name in advance.  Our apologies once again.

Much love and airship destruction,

shaelyn

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 02:25:45 pm »
Dear shaelyn,
I write today on behalf of Brick and myself apologizing for any mispronunciations or misscommunications.
However, as combat often happens in the blink of an eye, many times we have to shorten the names of complicated ships to only a few syllables.
Therefore, I reserve my right appointed to me by the MuseGods of calling your ship what I please.
As veteran caster and coworker of mine Brick Hardcastle once said "You know what, I think I'll just call it Vin Diesel."

Best of luck to you and the "Brez" next week.

Peace and Fire,
Kirk

Offline Cadett

• Salutes: 32
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 05:01:28 pm »
Nonsensical scribbles page four:

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 12:38:02 pm »
seeing "friend" scribbled over so much makes me sad

not sure I want to know what I am...

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 12:46:14 pm »
 :'(

Offline Cadett

• Salutes: 32
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »
seeing "friend" scribbled over so much makes me sad

not sure I want to know what I am...

oh crap I thought it was illegible '^^ whoops. The stuff in these sktechbook pages are really exaggerated and dramatized for RP reasons. Lueosi is still one of my favorite people in the entire game, and I really enjoy the company of almost every Rydr I've run into so far. However in RP terms, Lueosi joined/stayed in a faction that is actively trying to kill my character and his buddies, so his reaction is negatively exaggerated. That particular sketch was planned at the start of Aerodrome. I would've done it last week but he wasn't there.
(also, from my point of view, you're a very friendly person who draws cool stuff every once in a while)