Author Topic: Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired  (Read 9088 times)

Offline Ehsahn

• Salutes: 0
    • [[[]]]
    • View Profile
Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired
« on: November 15, 2014, 02:29:04 am »
We've all payed for this game. It's a great game.

Now that that's out the way.

I'm tired of having to accommodate MY pc to run YOUR program. Having to turn off antivirus' any time I want to play ? Or a plethora of other programs ? You literally have a LIST of things that players have to do in order to play your game. I want to see this game succeed, because it is fun.

That being said, no one will continue to invest their money into a game that THEY have to accommodate instead of the other way around. There are better ways for us to spend our money.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 02:33:37 am »
I (and many others), have never had major problems running this game. Not every PC runs the same way you know

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 03:29:16 am »
So return to consoles and quit wasting your time. Here, I'll show you the door back to your realm...

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:31:41 am by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 04:11:25 am »
I've never had any problems or conflicts with anything.  I installed it and it works.  O_o

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 04:24:01 am »
Well I get him, I have problems with the game too. I kinda accepted AV change and playing with all graphical options on LOW or DISABLED, but fps drops are bitch sometimes...

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 04:41:42 am »
Any antivirus which forces you to change stuff on it to let you play a game is a bad one.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 05:49:19 am »
Having to turn off antivirus' any time I want to play ? Or a plethora of other programs ? You literally have a LIST of things that players have to do in order to play your game.
You most certainly don't have to turn off your antivirus software and/or firewall to play GoIO (or any other online game for that matter). You just need to set it up properly. Also note you've decided to run software which is specifically designed to prohibit other programs from doing certain stuff. If you let those programs prevent GoIO from doing stuff it needs to do in order to run properly, there is little muse can do about it.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 11:13:39 am »
The forums become stupider every time the game's on sale....

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:16:41 pm »
Friend, you probably picked the worst place to complain about the entire game.

This is the forum. Every active member is an active advocate of the game. Everyone here will defend GOIO with their lives (or the airship of their choice).

So, not a good place to complain about the entire game.

That said, I am sympathetic to your annoyance. It is very annoying to play a game you have to accommodate your computer for.

I think our best recommendation is to take a look into your antivirus program. If it's blocking Guns of Icarus, it must also block a plethora of other multiplayer games.

Thank you for reading,

Indreams

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:05 pm »
Sounds like Avast bullshit.

Few years ago I described installing this bullshit software as "Jumping repeatedly in a WW1 trench, waving maniacally two lit flares in yer hands, while having your uniform painted all bright yellow, shouting >>SHOOT ME IN THE FUCKING HEAD<< ". But that's not what I wanted to say.

What I wanted to say is, that I never encountered problem like one you described.

I only had problems with voice chats crushing game on my computer twice/freezing my computer for period of time longer than 20 seconds like, I don't know, every first match I play current day. Therefore, there must be something with your software, THEREFORE I assume you being an ignorant, pardon me, no offence intended. I have also noticed my laptop getting quite unusually hot during playing GOIO.

Computer is like a pet. If you let him grow dirty, fat and noisy - that's only yer fault mate.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 03:49:55 pm »
Pitchforks for sale
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E
-----E

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
Quoting my OS lecture's slides:

" First of all you must fork a child, and then - execute the freshly forked child."

...and fellow IT Engineers wonder why people think we are weird...

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 05:59:09 pm »
[...]
I'm tired of having to accommodate MY pc to run YOUR program. Having to turn off antivirus' any time I want to play ? Or a plethora of other programs ? You literally have a LIST of things that players have to do in order to play your game. I want to see this game succeed, because it is fun.
[...]

[...]
That said, I am sympathetic to your annoyance. It is very annoying to play a game you have to accommodate your computer for.
[...]

I think Gilders comment was absolutely fitting to this. Which gamedevelopper makes games to run on every single pc there is? Blizzard would probably be the closest to that making games that run on 10 yr old pcs. Want to play newer titles? You have to upgrade your pc at least every 5 years. Want your pc to be a gaming pc? Get accessoiry programs that are compatible with games and/or set them up to be compatible. This isn't a console game.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 06:54:51 pm »
In a year of GoI, the closest thing I have had to a major problem was a few crashes after major updates before the Hotfix. This is clearly an issue with your computer and your anti virus program, perhaps this AV program just doesn't want to run GoI in particular, or maybe you or your computer is new to PC gaming.

If this has happened on multiple games, then you need to change some things on your computer. If this has only happened to Guns of Icarus, then something is up considering less than 0.1% of the people who play this game have mentioned this problem