Author Topic: Sunday Community Skirmish #27 (Signups for Sunday 9th November)  (Read 22229 times)

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday Community Skirmish #27 (Signups for Sunday 9th November)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 05:35:31 pm »
Velvet, can you do us a favor and change "UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER" to "Praetorians". Thank you.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »
hahaha. ok.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2014, 07:08:52 pm »
:sadface:

I liked unload the dishwasher as a team name

ohwell

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2014, 07:24:51 pm »
:sadface:

I liked unload the dishwasher as a team name

ohwell
me too.

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »
Velvet, keep this between us, but you can do ME and everyone else a favor and change it back without telling Scrub Jub. It was meant to be a surprise for him but he's the fun police so he said no, however I want to give a little back story before you make your decision to change it to "Praetorians"

You see this all goes back to the fact that every single "disconnect" and "oh shit brb" in the middle of a match that jube jube pulls is actually his dad forcing him to unload the dishwasher. In his life, there is literally nothing worse than taking out the dishes and putting them on the shelf. Tears of anguish are expelled by poor jub jub when he is forced to handle these ceramic disks. The scalding steam of opening up the dishwasher before the dishes cool is just too much to bear sometimes. This unjust oppression and years of abuse brought on by his dad must be heard by the world and cannot be silenced! So in honor of our fallen leader, we dedicate this Sunday Community Skirmish team name to him by letting the world know of the unfair practice of unloading dishes.

Please, find it in your heart to change the name back to "UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER".

Thank you and god bless
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:45:14 pm by LazyPandas »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2014, 08:16:26 am »
Velvet, keep this between us, but you can do ME and everyone else a favor and change it back without telling Scrub Jub. It was meant to be a surprise for him but he's the fun police so he said no, however I want to give a little back story before you make your decision to change it to "Praetorians"

You see this all goes back to the fact that every single "disconnect" and "oh shit brb" in the middle of a match that jube jube pulls is actually his dad forcing him to unload the dishwasher. In his life, there is literally nothing worse than taking out the dishes and putting them on the shelf. Tears of anguish are expelled by poor jub jub when he is forced to handle these ceramic disks. The scalding steam of opening up the dishwasher before the dishes cool is just too much to bear sometimes. This unjust oppression and years of abuse brought on by his dad must be heard by the world and cannot be silenced! So in honor of our fallen leader, we dedicate this Sunday Community Skirmish team name to him by letting the world know of the unfair practice of unloading dishes.

Please, find it in your heart to change the name back to "UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER".

Thank you and god bless

10/10

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2014, 09:13:12 am »

Thank you and god bless
You don't even get points for trying Pandas.
0/10

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 12:29:51 pm »
Can we start having the winner of last weeks SCS wait in the finals slot for a team to crawl there way to the top?

Offline Velvet

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2014, 01:44:56 pm »
Can we start having the winner of last weeks SCS wait in the finals slot for a team to crawl there way to the top?
that's actually an interesting idea. will consider trying it sometime.

Offline LazyPandas

• Salutes: 16
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 02:47:09 pm »
So unfortunately we're going to have to pull out of the SCS in the same fashion that dishes are pulled out of the dishwasher. Imagine this: You're sitting at home waiting for the SCS to start but suddenly you realize that you have run out of dish detergent. This is a national tragedy on the scale of Hurricane Bawbag. So it comes to this crucial decision... do we continue SCS without the proper quanity of dish detergent? or do we go to the store and miss the SCS. These are questions that can only be answered by the American Astrophysicist, Nelson Mandela.

So it is great sorrow and solitude that I must inform you that the dishes are being unloaded...

Thank you.

(Actually though: We're sorry for the inconvenience and last minute notification... We're down about 5 members for both teams and we have no spare pilot to co-pilot with me and Jub Jub is having connection issues.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:49:29 pm by LazyPandas »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 05:17:44 am »
So unfortunately we're going to have to pull out of the SCS in the same fashion that dishes are pulled out of the dishwasher. Imagine this: You're sitting at home waiting for the SCS to start but suddenly you realize that you have run out of dish detergent. This is a national tragedy on the scale of Hurricane Bawbag. So it comes to this crucial decision... do we continue SCS without the proper quanity of dish detergent? or do we go to the store and miss the SCS. These are questions that can only be answered by the American Astrophysicist, Nelson Mandela.

So it is great sorrow and solitude that I must inform you that the dishes are being unloaded...

Thank you.

(Actually though: We're sorry for the inconvenience and last minute notification... We're down about 5 members for both teams and we have no spare pilot to co-pilot with me and Jub Jub is having connection issues.)

We missed being able to play against you fine Romans yesterday, that post made me laugh a lot however, salute!

Offline DisguisedDestroyer

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 11:54:29 am »
I would like to sign up but i do not have a team. Would you be able to place me with some other players to form a team? thanks my steam is DesguisedDestroyer

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »
I would like to sign up but i do not have a team. Would you be able to place me with some other players to form a team? thanks my steam is DesguisedDestroyer

This is actually last week's Sunday Community Skirmish. This is this week's thread: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5127.0.html but I believe that sign-ups have already ended (they usually end on Friday now) so you might have to try for next week.

Offline Duvelke

• Salutes: 0
    • [HFC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 02:48:47 pm »
I wish to join as well by myself duvelke89 is my steam

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 05:11:30 am »
unfortunately we do not provide the service of scrounging teams together.
But feel free to contact the teams on your own initiative to ask if they need a player.

It is not something we are going to provide since we are already putting a lot of time and effort into making this happen, and the teams themselves are perfectly capable of gathering 8 players when they sign up.