Author Topic: Only 3 rematches remaining...  (Read 42871 times)

Offline Trystan Hart

• Salutes: 5
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Only 3 rematches remaining...
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:56:44 am »
What? Noooo!

Seriously, this feature has ruined good lobbies for me. If you join a game with friends, and the ships shuffle about, after the third game, you might end up on the wrong team and have to back out to lobby and start all over again. Really, I don't understand this feature at all. If you're having fun in a lobby, why get forced out of it after 3 matches? It's turning into a session-ender for me.

Also, It was a curious decision to have the default option at the end of a match as 'return to crew form' rather than 'rematch'. 99% of the time, I want to rematch. If I don't, I will just leave the lobby and re-crew manually. Forcing you out of the game just makes me realise that I have more important stuff I should be getting on with. I'm sure there's some logic behind it, but I really can't see it.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Only 3 rematches remaining...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:02:54 am »

Really, I don't understand this feature at all. If you're having fun in a lobby, why get forced out of it after 3 matches?

I'm giving you the quote from Keyvias post trying to explain this

Let me take a moment to explain why the rematch changes are there.

As I stated in another thread.  Rematch takes people from the queue.
As matchmaker is trying to create a match with 20 people in queue, if a match rematches and people leave (which happens all the time.) That lobby takes people from the queue which now means the next game created has less people (and less opportunity to balance) due to having people removed from the queue.

If requeueing it taking a lot of time, let us know and we'll do our best to find ways to lower that .

We'll definitely keep an eye on the changes, but I promise they're there with the goal of improving the system for all.  We will never say any system is perfect and we'll always be looking for ways to improve the system.

Yeah, I disagree with it too. If I find a good crew I want to play with them many times, maybe whole 1-2 hour session. Always friends or people who managed to confirm their skills/knowledge/communicativity in at least 1-2 matches >> random uknown people from matchmaker.

Offline Trystan Hart

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:08:51 am »
Thanks for the clarification. I missed that post.

Anyway, I do still think that this is a case of the mechanics of the game interfering with the fun of it, in the name of convenience. I really hope it gets cleared up.

Often the person who is put in charge of the re-crew is a n00b who does not realise that he has to click play, even if everyone explains it to him over and over (there are a lot of people who don't understand English or have their sound off), then by the time he gets it, some people leave and then you have to start the whole process all over again. This happens about 70% of the time for me. It's just messy, is all.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:18 am »
Unresponsive player guide:
1. Try using voice chat (if you can)
2. Try writing in regular chat
3. Send PM
4. If none of the above works leave the lobby and report player for being unresponsive tit.

Often PM-ing works :P

Offline Trystan Hart

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:48:01 am »
My unresponsive player checklist:
1. Ask in voice chat
2. Ask again, louder, more slowly
3. Repeat their name a few times
4. Type in text chat
5. Repeat step 4 several times, telling them that just because I want them to be an engineer does not mean they won't be using a gun.
6. Repeated PMs
7. Minor exasperated swearing
8. Go through the list of possible languages the might speak in voice chat and text.
9. Refuse to fly the ship ANYWHERE until they listen.
10. Crying and general desolation.
11. Report
12. Moan about the lack of kick functionality to the rest of the lobby.
13. Leave the lobby (that may be full of friends and good players), end up waiting for another 10 minutes before I get back ingame
14. New mute n00b gunner joins. Return to step 1.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:55:22 pm »
Ok, here's mine

1. Ask basterd out in voice chat
2. Remind basterd that he is a stupid basterd
3. Reveal that his mom's a slut in text chat
4. Try sarcasm on voice chat
5. Repeat until getting frustrated
6. Bash basterd few times with spanne' or mallet, or try gassing him with extinguisher - maybe this will help after all...
7. Go full retarded suicidal, thinking that this game is Portal 2, and everything around is just a big portal, getting us back on main deck.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:57:19 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:18:01 pm »
I really ahte this.  Please remove this "feature".

I don't see why it should possibly matter that people in a match are no longer in the queue.  If people want to continue to rematch and keep playing together, that means the matchmaker has done its job for them (or they sorted it out themselves).  The point of the matchmaker is to deliver people to a balanced match, is it not?  If people are in a match they like... DON'T TAKE THEM OUT!  How counter-intuitive is this crap?

Offline Trystan Hart

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 04:33:22 am »
 This. Exactly this.

Offline Chmielewski

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 04:54:29 am »
This was the worst thing Muse ever did.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 05:24:00 am »
If people want to continue to rematch and keep playing together, that means the matchmaker has done its job for them (or they sorted it out themselves).  The point of the matchmaker is to deliver people to a balanced match, is it not?  If people are in a match they like... DON'T TAKE THEM OUT!

Sparky, you have my spanner
And my salute

Little digression - for me personally since 1.3.8 and hotfixes game became less social. I mean, there are many people I have seen and played with on regular basis before patch and now I rarely see them around. We can't have a talk about tactics and game in the lobbies because they have timer now and there's very little time even for loadout discussion amongst crew. I can't make meaningful game mates because game decides that I can only play match with the same people three times. I think Muse somewhere, sometime got lost and "solving" one problem they created a several more and now they want to go forward counting that it will be fine. I'm honestly afraid it will not.

Offline Trystan Hart

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 06:28:34 am »

Supermassive Black Hole was worse. I still feel betrayed.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 09:31:24 am »
If some people don't like this and that, they should write and email to muse, with reason and arguements in it of course. With an enough emails they should change it or find a better way to implement their ideas.

You know, because muse doesn't look at the forum much, and why would they look at the feedback and suggestions board...

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 01:09:55 pm »

Supermassive Black Hole was worse. I still feel betrayed.

I'm dying of laughter. Take my salute, sir.

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 02:14:13 pm »
I actually think this might be a positive change. I felt to me like matches that rematch a bunch often lead to lopsided games.. Now I can't be sure because we can't see what exactly is going on with MM... we don't see MMR.. We don't know how it re-balances a rematch lobby.. etc.. and I can only go by what I see happening..

But I certainly had a lot better (as in they looked/felt balanced in general) matches after the patch then before it..  but that could just be luck...

I wish we could see more info on whats actually going on though.. If the change is helping MM produce more balanced games, then I am ok with it.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 05:56:00 pm »
If some people don't like this and that, they should write and email to muse, with reason and arguements in it of course. With an enough emails they should change it or find a better way to implement their ideas.

You know, because muse doesn't look at the forum much, and why would they look at the feedback and suggestions board...

Done.  Hopefully they will read it and heed it.