Author Topic: Anglean Raider costume.  (Read 5257 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Anglean Raider costume.
« on: November 08, 2014, 03:39:10 am »
Edit: working on fixing the image links
First post on the forums, so I'll introduce myself too!
I'm Dave, LARPer, Costumer (aka cosplay) and leather worker.
When at the workshop if I have time left over I try and put together different costumes and recently upon discovering GoI I also found myself reading through the lore of the world and the Anglean Republic caught my attention, a ferocious people who survive the colds through scavenging the relics of the old world, so it inspired me!

This costume is far from finished, lots more weathering to be done, and more scavenging of props and relics to put on the costume :)

Heavily weathered hat with a few 'relics' added, added a small leather patch to make it look repaired, the accumulated dust from scavenging at the dunes. :)

A full length leather trench coat, will be adding more patches and repairs to it before I show the full coat, but the shoulders have some detail to them. :)

Right hand.

The left hand glove, although the torch is scratched up (picture fails
To show detail) I'll be trying to get it more weathered.

An old digital camera attached to a leather patch, it'll make a nice addition to the coats torso :)

Still a lot of work and scavenging to be done on this costume, still drawing up designs for the mask and goggles as I'll make them myself and undecided what I'll be doing for a shirt, but it's off to a good start! :) once the jacket is done I'll be able to acetone out the dye to make it more patchy.
Just wish I had a scrap yard a little closer to home. XD
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:07:45 am by Kamoba »

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
Re: Anglean Raider costume.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 03:43:34 am »
Your Photos are either not linked properly, or the service you are using isn't really working. Might I suggest using imgur?

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 03:59:39 am »
Links are broken, remove .html from the end of the URLs and they should work.  when I right-click and hit open image in new tab they open the photobucket page for them.

Neat stuff!

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:06:43 am »
Thanks for the tip on how to fix! Sorry for the delay all fixed now :)