Author Topic: Flying Angry  (Read 23132 times)

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: Flying Angry
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 12:12:27 am »
I get upset at incompetence, but otherwise I'm a pretty laid back pilot. I never insult my crew and I'm extremely supportive of them, and generally a lot of fun to fly for since when things get heated I sing and shout battle-cries and other in-character stuff. I'd say that it's more a matter of passionate flying versus 'angry' flying. I'd argue that anyone who gets angry and flustered when piloting is going to perform poorly.

As a crew member though, it pisses me off to no end when the captain tries to blame teammates or the game for a defeat. I can accept it if a crewmember makes that observation first, but if a captain starts going on a soap-box rant about how the Spire is underpowered because we just got sandwiched to splinters by a metamidion my ire will be aroused.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 12:19:12 am »
Yes I'm a n00b.  Yes I am technically a powder monkey.  But the goddamn Powder Monkeys piss me off so bad I can't even articu-

head asplodes

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 01:07:56 am »
I don't get angry, I get miney. Then blocky...then miney again...then I go chase Captain Phoenix for awhile...then I get ultra miney...then happy.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 01:29:02 am »
I don't get angry, I get miney. Then blocky...then miney again...then I go chase Captain Phoenix for awhile...then I get ultra miney...then happy.
Captain Phoenix always tried to avoid Clan Clan's mines, because we are "boring" to him.

Offline Teh Celery's

• Salutes: 6
    • [Hwut]
    • View Profile
    • WasteOfTime
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 05:08:46 pm »
My mood is very ... sporadic from day to day within GoIO.  Perhaps, dare I say it...  match to match.  Playing with knuckleheads that don't listen to me can get on my nerves, quite a bit.  I have a tendacy to get a little chatty with my crewmates, captains, or otherwise.

it's not like I /hate/ ignorance.  I spend a lot of time explaining things to new players that aren't even lvl 6+ yet, things that i didn't learn until I was 500 matches deep into GoIO, still thinking that I can bring a buff hammer / pipe wrench to main deck a pyra!
It's odd, because I feel that it's a journey.  You start, having no idea wtf you're doing, or how to even literally even, and over time you start to learn things, and then later on you realize "bro I was so dumb before why was I trying to argue that a spanner pairs great with pipe wrench."

Then, you wake up;
Now you realize how everything works as a unit, and if one lippy-noob doesn't bring the right tools, that's going to be GG because you just joined a match where SPQR brought another pre-made (lol) and the matchmaking system decided to drop them into a novice match.  (srsly, wtf...)
Actually, nvm; it's SPQR... it's already GG and the ready checks haven't even shown up.

And that's where it begins for me.  The anger.  The Frustration.  Frothing about behind my teeth and reaching a boil, until finally the pot overflows.

You want to fly a gat/mortar pyra?  Fine.  but WOULD YOU PLEASE PUT THE GATLING ON THE RIGHT SIDE FFS THIS IS THE 14TH TIME I'VE TRIED EXPLAINING THIS SUBLTE YET SUPER IMPORTANT THING TO YOU!

or, one of my personal favorites, "JUST ACCEPT THE LOADOUT!  THE RANGE FINDER IS BROKEN, OBSOLETE, AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY ARCING WEAPONS.  STOP BEING A REBEL WITH NO CAUSE AND L2P PL0X KTHX."

perhaps even followed by something a bit more tame but infinitely more cheeky "Bro don't worry about that one enemy that is shooting me with all 4 of it's guns while you "try to flank them around this boulder" with one of the SLOWEST F@%*ING SHIPS IN THE GAME DUDE, THAT TACTIC SOUNDS PRO AS BALLS, I BET IT'S GONNA BE THE NEW META WHEN THIS MATCH IS OVER,  IMAGINE IS GONNA BE ALL OVER THAT LIVE-STREAM!  #REKT"

But yah, I tend to keep it to myself a lot these days.  I channel the rage and frustration through more meaningful and productive means: 
Propagating my spite onto others through bullets and bloodshed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:11:19 pm by Teh Celery's »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »
IMAGINE IS GONNA BE ALL OVER THAT LIVE-STREAM!

Not sure if this last bit is sarcastic or serious.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »

Not sure if this whole post is sarcastic or a personal attack.

Offline Teh Celery's

• Salutes: 6
    • [Hwut]
    • View Profile
    • WasteOfTime
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 08:00:15 pm »

Relatively sarcastic, just to clear that up, lol. 

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 08:46:55 pm »

Relatively sarcastic, just to clear that up, lol. 

To be fair here, I don't think I get it :D

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 09:31:58 am »
I don't often take out my frustrations on my crew, unless the are genuinely trolling the ship, if someone is putting in the effort or there is a visible language barrier I keep my cool, what gets my rage level to optimum point for rage flight is the team mates who insult my crew or clan, they can insult me, I don't care, I'll normally ignore it, but any time someone insults a friend I easily loose any cool I had, and people soon discover I know more swear words in multiple languages than I know non-swears...

The other thing that flicks my switch... The cheap racism the sale Call of duty pricks bring with them...
"Go back to russia" "that foreign chick with the ****ed accent." Or "learn English or shut up and go home"
All the above have led to me raging, targeting ships specifically and ignoring anyone else on the playing field... The few commands heard by my crew "kill the racist ****s." "There they are."

Oh and the kids who mock the Ebola situation... They deserve a special place in hell.

I'm pretty new to the community but I know none of the bulk of the active community fall amongst the rotten puss filled scum that flick my switches...

Peace and love to all excel the aforementioned <3

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2014, 05:25:15 am »
Trolls getting on your nerves, already warned them, yet there're no mods around? Bring a munker. Kill them with mines. It's satisfying as hell, especially when you and the enemies team up, and collectively attack a them, you with mines, the opposite team with their weaponry. For me, that's how I enforce discipline. Works great when it is done correctly. However, Those assholes, insensitive little bastards who are all like "Heil hitler" or some form of anti-jewish crap pisses me off to the fullest extent, the only way trolls get under my skin. If it's in chat, I roast them. If its in a match, I roast them, skin them alive, and then serve them as part of a five-course meal of examples of what not to do. I'm Jewish. Ethnic Jewish. You try to fuck with me and shit relating to my ethnicity and you'll actually see me lose it. I never lose my cool except in those kinds of situations, and my fury cannot be simply held back. It consumes all, boiling them in a sea of rage. For that, I bring in the all mine, all gunner munker firing squad, armed with lochnagar, incendiary, and charged. They get hell, which is what that sort of action deserves. I'm not lenient when it comes to dishing out that kind of mania.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 05:27:41 am by macmacnick »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 10:13:03 pm »
being no affiliate of any major clan, I commonly suffer the joys of the lucky dip that is joining games solo.

I teach with sarcasm and I prepare for the worst case scenario (I've mastered flying with no skills on since novice level- its how ur meant to learn), I rant and rave and demand and judge every single action anyone not major lvled makes. (because by lvl 25+ you've been drilled to hell on the bare minimum on what's expected)

People under the pressure get better, learn faster, or ragequit by which point lol, I'm leader of Clan AI. If anyone can win with AI it's me.

And if some guy out of everyone on the ship is clearly saying all the right things and your noob captain is doing all the wrong things. They're going to listen to the dude that knows both wtf he's doing and wtf everyone else should be doing. Even if the guy is being a douche.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:28 am »
I suppose the best example of flying angry is LeonXross.

When you are doing right things as you were said, he'll be calm. You know you are doing really good if your name is not mentioned in sentences like "X, why are you not on balloon?"; if such thing happens, God have mercy upon you if you are not half way to mentioned position. If you'd go from predestined position when not asked, he'll get to want have your head smashed on the wall,  because he can't do this literally - you'll get yelled immedietely. What might be surprising - this is still just one final warning, when Leon is just on the brink of pure hatred towards you. Harsh? Meh.

On the other hand, when not absolutely livid, he teaches people aboard, tells them ropes, and he do this very patiently and kindly. The highest reward are two things - not being yelled at and victory, cause Leon is really a decent pilot, with insane loadout ideas and one of the best ninja-tactic skills I've ever seen (FFS - sneaking up with that fat-ass cow of galleon, completely unnoticed right behind you - that was traumatic).

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2014, 04:29:43 pm »
I commonly suffer the joys of the lucky dip
If you are trying to introduce "Lucky Dip" into the comunity lexicon you may want to define it in this thread:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5025.0.html

As for cajoling new players into following orders I find nothing beats emotional black mail. I was taught the art by the best in the world, my Mother. Every time I make a novice engineer or gunner feel lower than dirt for failing the ship in some manner, I am channeling her.

"If you had brought the ammunition I requested, we would have stripped his hull armor by now."
"A competent gunner could have killed him five times already, so it begs the question why is he still alive?"
"They are out tanking us because somebody had to bring along his stupid little buff hammer, I hope you are proud of yourself."
"We were counting on you to be at your position, what were you doing over there?"
"How could you miss at this range?"
"Because of your incompetence we die here."
"You have failed the team, you have failed your crew mates, and worst of all you have failed ME!"

« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:37:31 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 08:11:45 am »
"How could you miss at this range?"

It reminds me of: http://youtu.be/zYV-qYeWPkk?t=56s

I find nothing beats emotional black mail. I was taught the art by the best in the world, my Mother.

Pardon my insolence, my kind sir, but yer mother knows nothing about these arcanes of emotional terrorism comparing to mine. And honestly, I'm ultimately joyful, that I moved out of her this october, so I can avoid that.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:13:55 am by Schwalbe »