Author Topic: Knowing Gun's Damage  (Read 6031 times)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Knowing Gun's Damage
« on: November 05, 2014, 11:00:41 am »
When you are shooting, is there a way to tell your gun's health and number of firestacks? I can't see any UI that tells me gun health while shooting, and I'd like to whack my gun with something if it's close to being broken.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: Knowing Gun's Damage
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:11:48 pm »
Guns shoot, reload, turn, and sound slower when damaged.

The more damage, the slower everything is.

You should keep your gun as close to 100% to keep your DPS as high as possible, so when things start working..... slower, it's time for a quick repair.

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »
You can tell if your gun's on fire by the fire particles it will emit every now and then. Also, at about 50% health it will start making crackling noises and emit sparks. At less, it will start emiting smoke too. But you should be able to tell if your gun's in need of a wrench wack far earlier by just being aware of how well it performs as Kirk said.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:47:13 pm »
So,... no noticeable health bar that I didn't notice?

Seems like an indicator for the gun would be an useful UI that's missing.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:13:03 am »
You can simply jump of your gun and give it a whack each time you reload. Doesnt take alot of time and doesnt waste anything as it only matters to be on the gun when reload is finished to load the proper ammo.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 05:21:19 am »
So,... no noticeable health bar that I didn't notice?

Seems like an indicator for the gun would be an useful UI that's missing.

GoIOs UI is designed to minimalistic. Not having an UI-element showing the guns health when shooting it fits into the overall concept.
I think the feedback of damaged guns for the gunner is sufficient to let him figure out when it makes sense to jump out of the gun to give it a whack. decreased fire rates, turn speed and most of all the slowed down sound allow gunners to notice even slight scratches on the gun. Smoke particles are a clear indicator that it's definitely time to repair the gun asap.
I'd like to have more feedback on fires though. Currently you can only tell whether your gun is on fire or not without leaving the gun. Some knowledge about the intensity would be nice (something like 3 different fire animations for < 4 stacks, < 8 stacks and >= 8 stacks). Personally I don't mind having a couple of fire stacks on my gun as gunner during an engagement. But if the stack count grows close to 8, it's time to cry out for mommy my engineer buddy to prevent the evil men from taking away my toy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:24:07 am by Wundsalz »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 10:58:05 am »
Or, handle it yourself and load heatsink.