Author Topic: Tweaking recomended loadouts.  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Tweaking recomended loadouts.
« on: November 07, 2014, 04:18:23 pm »
I love this feature, been waiting for it for as long as I've played the game. However I got a few problems with it. Mostly they are old man problems.

I'm too set in my ways to accept the engineer loadouts because I have mine in a different order.

I've been told my order of tools is weird (1. Mallet 2. Chem Spray 3. Shifting Spanner 4. Spyglass). Its a complete muscle memory issue. So when I get a loadout suggestion, I have to look at it, study it, decline, then change to bring the tools in my order.

Proposed change.

Three options
1. Accept
2. Decline
3. Customize

What this third button does is send you to the character selection for the class the captain wants. Have in the corner a place where it could display what the captain wants. And then boom boom boom. As you select the tool, it somehow marks on the display some cofnirmation (like turning the box green). Once you hit save changes, a captain gets either an accepted (all boxes) or declined, (not all boxes) notification.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Tweaking recomended loadouts.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »
Yeah, tool order is almost as important as which tools you have.  If I don't have spanner/mallet/chem (or pipe/buff/chem) in that order I screw up.  Same with my ammo types.  I'm set in my ways.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 04:38:40 pm »
Why not code so that the order doesn't matter?

I've a very limited computer programming skills, but often times, the order of elements in a set doesn't matter when comparing two sets.
So, if the load-out is a set in GOIO coding, it should be possible to make it so that the recommendation and the load-out doesn't mismatch if they have the same tools selected.
Sorry, I'm a novice programmer and I'm sorry if my understanding is simply wrong or terribly explained.

I guess what I'm saying is, the order of the load-out simply shouldn't matter with the recommendation.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »
How about the UI presented as it is except with the ability to click and drag the tools into the order you want, before clicking accept?

Another problem with the suggested loadout system is that it lacks persistence after a disconnect. Often I have been disconnected from a game while using a recommended loadout, and then after clicking resume I re-join the game with one of my other pre-set load-outs which may contain completely different tools!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 04:46:32 pm by GeoRmr »