Author Topic: Friends list open slot  (Read 6782 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Friends list open slot
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:00:50 pm »
With the whole match making situation I am relying on the friends list more and more to find a good crew. However I spend a spend a lot of time popping into lobbies noticing my friend's ship is full and moving to a different friend. I would like it if there were some way to see if there is an open slot on the ship my friend is on from the main menu's friends list.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Friends list open slot
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:04:48 pm »
Saluted and plus 1'd

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:22:37 pm »
There is, instead of joining via friendslist, click on custom game. It will open the old game list, except it only shows the games in which your friends or CAs are in (and novice matches if you are a teacher). It also shows both the maximum and present player count in those matches. It even lists all your friends currently in those matches, so you don't have to try multiple friends who all happen to be in the same match.

However, this feature would be nice to also include clan members.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:25:43 pm by Sprayer »

Offline CitizenFry

• Salutes: 3
    • [☠]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »
There is, instead of joining via friendslist, click on custom game. It will open the old game list, except it only shows the games in which your friends or CAs are in (and novice matches if you are a teacher). It also shows both the maximum and present player count in those matches. It even lists all your friends currently in those matches, so you don't have to try multiple friends who all happen to be in the same match.

However, this feature would be nice to also include clan members.
That doesn't tell you whether your friend's ship is full, which seemed to be the complaint.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 03:09:46 pm »
Take my salute.

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 04:15:58 pm »
Oh sorry, totally read over that. Yeah I guess knowing if the friend's ship actually has a slot open would come in handy.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 12:47:04 am »
That would be a nice addition. I would also suggest you send swap requests with the crew on your friends ship or type in chat that you would like to play a game or two with your friends. They might give you a spot.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 01:46:02 am »
Seeing a friendship crew situation would be very helpful. Even though you can like in the custom games list click and check, if it already showed up on the friendslist, like a waiting/running game and also the friendspecific crew situation like 1/4, 2/4, 3/4 or 4/4. Then you'd know how to join quickly to be able to play with friends before someone else jumps on it. Join crew could be direct on a waiting game or when you know what loadout or what class is needed a more direct join to the ship in a running game.

Alternatively instead of 4/4 it could say "Full" or if a space is available "Open".

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 02:57:20 am »
It would also make stalking an open slot easier since you could lurk in lobby until one of your friends shows as available.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 06:54:35 am »
Stalking non-available wouldn't be such a good idea :P

Friendslist overall could be perfect for stalkers anyway since you have no idea about who adds or has added you. A real friendslist should give you a notification like on steam for example so you coulf accept or decline the notification. Just like claninvites etc.

But digressing. Sry for off-topic.