Author Topic: Arbalest Heavy Railgun  (Read 5539 times)

Offline Tolinar

• Salutes: 1
    • [TMI]
    • View Profile
Arbalest Heavy Railgun
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:08:35 pm »
the Arbalest Heavy Railgun

HEAVY Class weapon
Direct Damage Type: Piercing
No Burst Damage
Range: 1400
Angle: 60 degrees
Firing rate: 40 per Minute
Clip Size: 25
Reload Time: 8 seconds
Damage: 235 Piercing
Projectile Speed: 580 m/s
Projectile Accuracy: High
Targeting Recoil: High

The Arbalest fires massive single heavy slugs at foes using a specialized Rail format. The slugs are excellent for damaging armor, but work respectably against most other ship parts. The weapon fires a bit slowly, and takes a steady hand to retarget between shots, but returns on a sharp eye with a humongous range and accuracy. The large clip allows an Arbalest to pepper a foe down from significant distance, and the reload is as simple as attaching a new magazine to the railgun.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Arbalest Heavy Railgun
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 07:26:45 pm »
Neat Idea. It'd be cool to see actual Heavy guns on the field. I feel like they'll come with adventure mode.

I feel like range 1400, angle 60 degrees, firerate 40 per min, clip size 25, and damage 235 piercing would be a ted bit OP.

We're talking 5875 damage in 37.5 seconds with high accuracy and a ridiculous gun arc. If I have my math correct, there is not a single ship in GOIO that can stand that much damage.

But cool gun regardless. Probably lower the clip size to single digit, and dramatically reduce the angle (make it so that the whole ship would have to turn around to aim the gun).

Love the concept. :)

Offline Teh Celery's

• Salutes: 6
    • [Hwut]
    • View Profile
    • WasteOfTime
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 08:30:51 pm »
I love the idea of a Piercing Heavy, but that gun sounds OP as hell.
Galleons would be the new OP Meta. 

Like Indreams said.

again, cool gun idea.  I think it's angle, clip size, damage, and fire rate would need to be nerfed a little bit more.
but yah, again, I would love a Piercing Heavy in the game....

Imagine the goldfish plays...  Rush in, breaking hull, turn hard left/right and light 'em up with the mortar. 
So sweet, so juicy, so different (for a goldfish)...

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:49 pm »
I came up with a similar idea awhile ago
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4487.msg75236.html#msg75236

but after having thought about it, it would be pretty hard to balance a heavy piercing weapon and yours sounds hella over powered.
Also i get that this is a steam punk game but a rail gun seems, I don't know perhaps too advanced. Nothing wrong with that but I feel some big rotary canon would suit the games style a bit better, just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:32:51 pm by SirNotlag »