Author Topic: Outcome of the RAFT vs Gentlemen Game  (Read 21270 times)

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Outcome of the RAFT vs Gentlemen Game
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 12:08:54 pm »
Boring match to watch, but was a constant exchange of blows between the teams. (Except when I expected them to come around the scrap at us)
http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/b/384462341
Tactical Breakdown:
Throughout the match, if I would take too much damage, I would drop my spot with terrain asap.
43:30
     Echoless moves in to attack the crippled Bahamut without support of the Howard. This allows both ships to concentrate on the Echoless.
101:20
     They do a proper charge on our location, taking down the teabag. This was a great charge by the quackers, I could not bring down the Echoless in time to save the Teabag.
     Echoless drops tarbarrel, a great move! Luckily I have Hydrogen to lift me up above the smog.
     I am left in 2v1, but one is a sluggish galleon! I keep mindful of the Howard's gunline as I lift up while finishing off the Echoless. I stay in the Howard's blindspots to give me the time I need to    take it down.

107:00
    Echoless stays unspotted and rushes The Bahamut in a great move. Luckily I respawn is a decent location to rush back into the action.

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:11 pm »
Omg it's longer than some movies I own

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 12:23:36 pm »
Boring match to watch, but was a constant exchange of blows between the teams. (Except when I expected them to come around the scrap at us)
http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam/b/384462341
Tactical Breakdown:
Throughout the match, if I would take too much damage, I would drop my spot with terrain asap.
43:30
     Echoless moves in to attack the crippled Bahamut without support of the Howard. This allows both ships to concentrate on the Echoless.
101:20
     They do a proper charge on our location, taking down the teabag. This was a great charge by the quackers, I could not bring down the Echoless in time to save the Teabag.
     Echoless drops tarbarrel, a great move! Luckily I have Hydrogen to lift me up above the smog.
     I am left in 2v1, but one is a sluggish galleon! I keep mindful of the Howard's gunline as I lift up while finishing off the Echoless. I stay in the Howard's blindspots to give me the time I need to    take it down.

107:00
    Echoless stays unspotted and rushes The Bahamut in a great move. Luckily I respawn is a decent location to rush back into the action.

good last min call  to let you fly 

Here comes the F***ing calvary!!!!!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »
I can't believe we fell apart at the 101:20 charge. After our Pyra killed the Teabag, I was certain we'd be able to get the double kill. You did an amazing job at staying out of our arc, though.

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »
Just noticed that I was the only one holding their ship's hull and balloon together alone. I don't know what we were thinking by keeping Neffario at the lower deck guns.
yeah
I spent much more time rushing between the hull and mercury than sitting the lower deck flak. Raft firing was so intencive sometimes that we were rebuilding the hull armor in 3 tools, lol.
And cannot miss the fact that Mark Abrams was doing some splendid work shooting the lumberjack, really awesome!

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:38 pm »
It is nice to hear the behind the scenes of what really happened. Seemed a lot more happened than what we could see on the stream. I am always wondering what my mercs are doing if I am sniping, because it is hard to know. We do not see the damage like on spectator mode.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »
yeah
I spent much more time rushing between the hull and mercury than sitting the lower deck flak. Raft firing was so intencive sometimes that we were rebuilding the hull armor in 3 tools, lol.
And cannot miss the fact that Mark Abrams was doing some splendid work shooting the lumberjack, really awesome!

Yeah, his lumberjacking was insane. He had our balloon down within ten seconds of the match starting.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:59 pm »
never seem so much teamwrk on one pyro in my life i swear  at one point we could read each others thoughts  3 guys rebuilting  rotating  to mercs  meta  flying up the ladder to get the balleon   at one point in the match we couldnt even return fire.   way more intense then fjord  ... i think we just out enginner'd  you guys

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 12:41:32 pm »
I agree. You can be the best pilot, best engie, best gunner in the game, but none of it is going to really do you much good if you can not cooperate. Everyone needs to do their part and be in sync with each other.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 12:42:10 pm »
To be honest, I think it was more that you guys out-strategized us. We could have been more patient on several occasions.

EDIT: As Aqua just said, we needed more communication.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2013, 05:23:42 pm »
Out performed is the word. I was coordinating strategy between the two ships and there were a couple of points where this could have turned around, but something died in the performance of the order. At one point your Galleon was fairly far forward and the Pyra was semi-suppressed, using the wreckage as cover. We were in the clouds, and I gave the order to rush the Galleon. What we did instead of that was fly backward for awhile and bounce off of something.

Missed opportunity. =/

Plenty of communication, not much in the way of action following said communication. Doing this go-between thing for the pilot is rough, but it -is- doable.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »
But again, you guys seemed very cognizant of the threat of charge and isolation, and you reacted very well to those threats when they did appear. You've taught us a lot, and we're happy to see you climb that ladder.