Author Topic: Suggestion For Rematch/No Rematch UI  (Read 8248 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Suggestion For Rematch/No Rematch UI
« on: October 27, 2014, 07:34:25 pm »
I have a suggestion about rematch/no rematch voting.

As I understand glicko2 sets an expectation of who is going to win the match. Sometimes it is less certain of the outcome, sometimes more (based on rating difference). The goal is to encourage uncertain (even/balanced) games. My suggestion is to check/uncheck the 'rematch' vote box based on how well the match outcome conformed to expectation.

If it was a stomp by high mmr against low mmr, make the rematch box unticked by default to put players back into queue and hopefully find a better match for both teams.
If the MMR delta between the two teams got smaller (unexpected outcome), then tick the rematch box by default because that was an uncertain game.

Since most people probably don't bother voting one way or another, this would subtly encourage more balanced games more often. Can muse maybe provide some data maybe on how many people vote either way, vs how many abstain?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:39:11 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: Suggestion For Rematch/No Rematch UI
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:37:56 pm »
Cool idea, I like the sound of this!

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:22:22 am »
I almost always forget to vote

Offline Keyvias

• Salutes: 83
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:27:11 am »
I really like this idea, I'm going to talk to the team and see how that would play out and check the numbers.

Thanks Omniraptor!

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:49 am »
I don't mind this idea but I do have some hesitation to state and see the feed back before I agree with it...without talking about the unbalanced lobbies, since every is trying to work towards a solution here...my only other major concern about the match making system is if there are 4+ players you want to stay with...so lets say the whole red team wants to stay together (maybe clan or friends) if they get bounced back to que the wait time for them to get in game has been quite large. I understand that by putting them back in the que we are trying to decrease that time by having more people in it but will it actually work for nights that maybe only have 50-70 players on?
The other part of getting put back in que is if multiple friends found each other and have jumped into lobby but are not all on one team...how do they stay together without just leaving que completely and making a custom match?

Not complaints just simply trying to understand this new proposed system.

Offline Keyvias

• [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 12:13:46 pm »
Definitely some great points KitKatKitty,

Hopefully putting people back into the queue will decrease the time crew forms have to wait (since that game just ended we can guarantee there's at least one full game in the queue.)

Currently with the system when a lobby is closed both teams go to their own crew form.  So any mid-late joiners will stay with you.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 12:18:59 pm »
I was pondering something like this since testing MM in Devapp. My suggestion would have been a popup at the end of a match saying something like "The next match seems to be unfairly balanced. Would you like to rejoin the queue?" [Yes, back to the queue] or [No, I like this lobby.]

Other options would be [Send me to the queue with this crew] and [Send me to the queue with this team]

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 12:23:42 pm »
@richard selective ship re-queuing sounds really cool, but is probably different enough to deserve another thread. In fact I'm going to make one, here. https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5008.html

This may not have been clear in OP, but I feel quite strongly that players should still have final control over whether to rematch or not. The system just NUDGES them into a decision, not FORCES.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:54:43 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline Keyvias

• [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 12:38:08 pm »
Oh definitely!
I like the idea of the autoselecting a vote, but the players get the final say and can override it.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:12 pm »
Keyvais thank you for being so helpful I do have one clearification from that last part.
Currently with the system when a lobby is closed both teams go to their own crew form.  So any mid-late joiners will stay with you.

This still doesn't seem to take into account friends/clan mates that are on the other team or another ship in the same lobby that people may still want to play with. Is there any solution to that?

Richard, You do have a great idea.

Offline Keyvias

• [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 01:53:29 pm »
Other team isn't taken into account, but on another ship on your team if your lobby is closed should move all of you to crew form.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 02:48:27 pm »
So it seems in some cases when a lot of members are to be taken into account that the custom option will still be the best.

At any rate I think this discussion is moving in the right direction.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:50:46 pm by KitKatKitty »

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »
I see nothing wrong with this.