Author Topic: Feedback  (Read 4916 times)

Offline Neithrantulre

• Salutes: 8
    • [KNEE]
    • View Profile
Feedback
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »
I have an idea that could increase communication and reduce strife when new features are added.

Instead of asking us solely about feedback about the game as it currently is, and hiding any current discussion in the super secret dev app forum; why not post the ideas Muse has for new features and balance changes in the feedback forum so you can get feedback before angering large parts of the community.

Then we can point out obvious flaws before updates go live, and overall have a better rapport with the devs.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »
It's probably just easier to apply to be added to the dev app group, pretty much anyone/everyone can get in. The thing is there's a lot that goes on in the dev app which never see the light of day that people would freak the hell out over.

Not that I think your idea is a bad one per se, but I believe that's the reasoning for it.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:55:40 pm »
It's probably just easier to apply to be added to the dev app group, pretty much anyone/everyone can get in. The thing is there's a lot that goes on in the dev app which never see the light of day that people would freak the hell out over.

Not that I think your idea is a bad one per se, but I believe that's the reasoning for it.

My favourite bits are the things people freak the hell out over in the devapp board that then just get added to the game anyway. ^^

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »

My favourite bits are the things people freak the hell out over in the devapp board that then just get added to the game anyway. ^^

You mean matchmaking? :P

I question the usefulness of the dev app. If everyone is allowed in then there isn't a trusted list of testers anymore that can right away report something and get Muse attention. Theres just a mass of people giving feedback that they don't have time to go through. Might as well just make the dev app forum a public forum and make dev app open to all. Then it just comes down to posts getting enough attention for Muse to have to weigh in.

Offline Neithrantulre

• Salutes: 8
    • [KNEE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:02:34 pm »

I think if the devs come out with a pretty finalized set of features for an update, or have really fleshed out an idea to add and already tested it in the dev app, then posting it here as a sanity check will not cause everyone to freak the hell out unless the freaking out is going to be definitely a good thing for the game.

This should not be a place to put brainstorming crazy ideas. Post things here that you are serious about adding to the game, but do it before it goes live.