Author Topic: Suggestion For Selective Rematch UI  (Read 3027 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Suggestion For Selective Rematch UI
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:54:13 pm »
EDIT: This modular idea seems nice at first, but it's also horribly complicated with different edge cases and overlapping sets of teams. Changing to richard's suggestion.

Let players rematch with either their own ship, their own team, or with everyone in the lobby. Current behaviour only allows the second and third options. Discuss.

Another UI suggestion. Add tick boxes next to other ships (ally and enemy) at the end of a game. If a player wants to keep playing with that ship, they go into a lobby with them.
For example if a match has 3/4 ships at same skill level and one other ship that's a lot better or a lot worse, the three ships could elect not to rematch with the fourth. Or if I just personally dislike my ally and really like fighting the other team, I would just tick their 'rematch' boxes and untick my ally's.
I know this sounds a little like a kick function, but then again so does 'rematch'. That's the thing about ephemeral lobbies, there is no real difference between having three ships leave a match, or having one ship kicked from a match.
This only applies to other ships, if you don't like your own ship you go back to main menu>solo queue.
To summarise
What is possible now- you're able to 'kick' the entire enemy team if you don't want to rematch. You can't ditch your ally without going back into solo queue.
What's possible under new system- you can choose which ships you want to keep playing with and which ones you don't. It doesn't matter, ally or enemy.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:07:57 pm by Omniraptor »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion For Selective Rematch UI
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 02:32:48 pm »
I like this. Sometimes I want just my ship back. The team reform option usually just falls apart and results in some of the same issues lobbies used to have.