Author Topic: Prevent suicides  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Prevent suicides
« on: October 25, 2014, 01:45:15 pm »
Allow looking straight down so less people jump their ships.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Prevent suicides
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 03:55:19 am »
I can't believe you outright promote this blatant deterioration of morale here! Treachery!
All powder monkeys and swabbies I've ordered to get planked for a spot know they didn't die in vain because they served the greater cause by sacrificing their life. Not a single crew member executing this maneuver complained about it to me afterwards.

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 06:50:34 pm »
I can't believe you outright promote this blatant deterioration of morale here! Treachery!
All powder monkeys and swabbies I've ordered to get planked for a spot know they didn't die in vain because they served the greater cause by sacrificing their life. Not a single crew member executing this maneuver complained about it to me afterwards.
Instantly derailing the discussion overridden by hilarity. Well played.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 08:28:08 am »
Lol,  :D
But I think that not being able to see below the ship is a good thing.

Battles are won in the third dimension, and the blind-below allows fancy maneuvers like hydro-uppercut and escape-below-the-enemy.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »
Instantly derailing the discussion overridden by hilarity. Well played.

Thank you for the compliment! - And fuck you for making it sound sarcastic so I feel obliged to make a constructive contribution on this topic!
Anyway, here you go - words of reason against Sprayers populist propaganda in which he elevates a crew members life to a valuable entity (such a silly concept):

Not knowing where an enemy directly above/underneath you is and moves is extremely dangerous. However before ending up in such a situation the crew almost always had a time slot where they could have made the spot. Hence I think it's just fair the enemy can capitalize on their information advantage. Personally I really like the panic an unspoted ship this close to you can induce (I've even heard about people jumping off the ship because they can't stand the pressure anymore).

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »
Hence I think it's just fair the enemy can capitalize on their information advantage. Personally I really like the panic an unspoted ship this close to you can induce (I've even heard about people jumping off the ship because they can't stand the pressure anymore).

Exactly. I love sneaking up on enemies below/above. So much panic, so much scraps.

Sarcastic, Stupic Comment:
I mean, have you tried a Spire Ambush? Go in above them, chute, and stomp them. Instakill!