Author Topic: Issue with games on holidays  (Read 18016 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Issue with games on holidays
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 11:07:33 pm »
It's not an issue of a majority, it's an issue of who's participating.  While it's great they still won, it's still something that could have been avoided had they spoke up earlier.

But they didnt need to avoid it because they still won. And didnt pursue the issue. So whats the point of avoiding it in the first place?

It's a Saturday, the time was chosen because it's when most people are going to have the free time to get on, holiday or not.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, those are holidays where you can reasonably expect a number of people to not be present; skipping a week isn't going to mean death for the Cogs, it means that it's going to be a reasonably fair fight.  Not everyone who wants to participate is going to have as many people to draw quality substitutes from.  While it's just reality that they're going to have to deal with their own things that pop up it's pretty unreasonable to just write off holidays as poor planning on their part when it could so easily be fixed with a little planning from the organizers.

The point is there's no need to skip the Cogs match unless a vast majority deem in necessary. You think I have 50 people to draw from? I dont. I still organize my group accordingly when there is a match to play. If i cant, Ill say something, but wont expect rules to be changed for my sake. On major holidays, a lot of people are going to say something, and longer than a day before the holiday gets here. Then common sense kicks in and they will organize around it. Not pull up a yearly calendar and hope they get every major holiday in the world taken care of.

If rankings are supposed to be treated like they're not worth holding onto, there's no meaning to the Cogs.  The whole reason we're having this discussion is because people care enough about the Cogs to want to keep their rankings but not enough to blow off something like a major holiday, nor should they be expected to when it's pretty easy to schedule around stuff that.  Moving the match to the day before or after is not going to inconvenience someone like having most of your team gone.

So dont blow it off. Its a choice you make, and obviously its more important to you than Cog rankings. Today wasnt even Easter. Yea people travel for Easter, but not everyone. This time around, we didnt need to reschedule.

If you're being facetious about it, your request is denied.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 11:22:11 pm »
Okay time to wade in on this :D

The Cogs will not be delayed for every little holiday. There are many, MANY different holidays that we could postpone for but we simply want to keep going. If you cant field a team then we are sorry but the Cogs shall go on.

That being said, you are all correct in stating that, should a large outcry (maybe not the best word but you get the idea) be heard on a matter you may certainly see us take action to implement whatever measure is wanted by the community. At the moment the only holidays the Cogs is likely to stop for are the major three; Christmas, New Years and Easter.

I believe Masx put up the post questioning Cogs on easter about a day before the event and it was not backed up by a large portion of the community thus Cogs was not cancelled.

Recapping, Cogs will be postponed for Christmas, Easter and New Years for the rest of the events lifespan or in the case of large community request for an additional break (and maybe the start of adventure mode :P)

Cheers,

Qwerty

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 03:31:21 am »
Hi everyone,
I just stumbled upon this thread, and let me start off by issuing an apology to Helmic, Papa, Squash, and all members of the community involved.  We as devs and CAs have the mission to foster constructive and friendly discussions.  We are not meant to take sides and engage with members of the community.  For this, I apologize. 

For the CAs and devs, we represent this community, and we are here to serve the community.  We are a team.  If there are issues or disagreements, please direct them to Jess and I, and we will do our best to mediate and resolve issues. 

Lastly, with the cogs, it is a community event that the organizers, who are volunteers, work really hard to put this on.  If there are issues with the cogs and the holiday schedule, please reach out to the organizers and I directly, and we can try to resolve any issues. 

Thanks!  Howard

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:17 am »
Didn't  think this topic would open up such a can of worms.
IM terrible with holidays and realized Easter was this Sunday
A Lil to late.  It was hard to find last minute crew but we pulled it off.
The point of my topic was not to try to get out of cogs but to
Let other clans know we know the  trouble they might have and
We feel ur pain

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 01:16:37 pm »
Hi everyone,
I just stumbled upon this thread, and let me start off by issuing an apology to Helmic, Papa, Squash, and all members of the community involved.  We as devs and CAs have the mission to foster constructive and friendly discussions.  We are not meant to take sides and engage with members of the community.  For this, I apologize.

Huh?