Author Topic: Recommended loadouts  (Read 7133 times)

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Recommended loadouts
« on: October 20, 2014, 01:48:26 pm »
Awesome feature! Thanks for implementing it!
I'm currently setting the load-outs for my ships and I've already got two suggestions:
1.) Recommended loadout for captains. I notoriously forget to adjust my own loadout to the ship I'm flying. Hence I'd like to be able to set ship-specific loadouts for myself.
2.) The default engineering tool for the gunner should be the wrench.

Another remark:
People tend to be really picky when it comes to which tool should be in which slot. This might be problematic... I've got no idea how to address it properly though.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:53:23 pm by Wundsalz »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
Re: Recommended loadouts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 03:18:45 pm »
Another remark:
People tend to be really picky when it comes to which tool should be in which slot. This might be problematic... I've got no idea how to address it properly though.

If they have the same tools arranged in their own presets arrange them in the same order - then if they have a similar loadout with one tool different saved in their presets  arrange in the same order and swap the different tool - and so on.

This would pretty much solve the problem for engineers who generally switch between a few standard combinations of tools.

Would be interesting to see how effective it would be for gunners.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 03:21:06 pm »
Something missing from the loadout suggestion I found was the ability to recommend crewing pilots with a loadout - something uncommon but should be there nevertheless for the sake of paradgim as it could be worked into a legitimate strategy.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 03:24:26 pm »
This feature doesn't work for me, and my crew.
It's a very good feature though.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 03:26:32 pm »
Are you sure you're using it correctly? Its not particularly intuitive without any written explanation of how it works...

How To:
Define the load-outs you want crew to take in the ship customisation screen, then as a captain you click on the class icon of the player you want to recommend the loadout to (spanner helm or bullet to the left of their name), and the suggestion UI will appear with the three possible load-outs you saved in the ship customisation which you can recommend to that player.  You have to recommend a loadout to each of your crew individually.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:29:09 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 04:36:08 pm »
A-ha Thank you. See i thought it was a case of change your ship and add the recommended loadouts and then it notified people. Whoops. #No explanation of how does.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:09:10 am »
How To:
Define the load-outs you want crew to take in the ship customisation screen, then as a captain you click on the class icon of the player you want to recommend the loadout to (spanner helm or bullet to the left of their name), and the suggestion UI will appear with the three possible load-outs you saved in the ship customisation which you can recommend to that player.  You have to recommend a loadout to each of your crew individually.

Make it official. I think 90% people doesn't know about this therefore thinks the feature is just broken.
Yes, this also included me up untill now.