Author Topic: Version 1.3.8 Release Notes  (Read 53491 times)

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.8 Release Notes
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 09:40:19 pm »
Why does the Goldfish lose fins every couple patches? It looks silly without the fin they removed.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 01:15:19 am »
It's not bald it's THINNING.

but yes, it looks uglier now and less recognizable :(

Offline Kouhei Sakurai

• Salutes: 2
    • [TA☯]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 01:57:50 am »
Found a few images of the Goldfish in varying stages of (for lack of a better word) balding. Now the in-game appearance matches the one on the Steam trading card.

I'm reversing my earlier statement about the new look though. It's not that bad, and it's a lot cleaner.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 02:37:25 am »
I couldn't put my finger on why the goldfish looked so different.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 02:43:55 am »
As far as I understand it, the Goldfish change is a bug (unless I didn't read that correctly in general chat).

Offline Ultramage

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 05:52:46 am »
Just a quick note on the Teaching achievements. What isn't mentioned is that the wording for the Teaching 11-15 requirements have been changed from "all crewmates lvl 1-3(/12)" to "any crewmates lvl 1-3(/12)". Trying to herd together a random all-novice crew and retaining it long enough was really hard before, now it would be practically impossible.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 08:30:28 am »
I just want to point out they're reassessing the novice level cap.  that has potential to change soon.

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 02:20:53 pm »
I just want to point out they're reassessing the novice level cap.  that has potential to change soon.

Novice isn't level based at all now. It's a number of matches.

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 03:19:57 pm »
You really shouldn't say gunners are needed in matchmaking if you are just going to put me on a ship which already has a gunner.
2 gunners are not good in any case

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:10 pm »
I'm generally dissapointed with matchmaking, especially by the fact that you have removed normal lobbies as they were. I think that the player should be given a chance to choose, whether he want to look for a game manually, or rather if he want to be put somewhere automatically. The matchamking should be (imho) a sort of extension, not a replacement. And don't tell, that "custom games" exist, because in practice they do NOT. (just tried to set up one, and forsaken it after, like, 10 minutes with nobody passing by).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:03:24 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »
I'm generally dissapointed with matchmaking, especially if you have removed normal lobbies as they were. I think that the player should be given a chance to choose, whether he want to look for a game manually, or rather if he want to be put somewhere automatically. The matchamking should be (imho) a sort of extension, not a replacement. And don't tell, that "custom games" exist, because in practice they do NOT. (just tried to set up one, and forsaken it after, like, 10 minutes with nobody passing by).

Did no one at all pass through your lobby?
Did you click the button at the bottom of the lobby that says "recruit from queue"?

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 04:19:40 pm »
Not. A single. Person.

Well, in fact, my post was quite unprecise. I was a member of a crew, not a captain, and in fact such button was propably not displayed to me at all.

Edit: By the way... come on, seriously? Do I have to click a button to allow other players to join the lobby? Like, seriously? Who really thought it might be a good idea? And the other sad thing is, that one of my friends, who had played quite a lot, and liked this game despite it's flaws just told me, second day after this update, that he seriously thinks about deleting the game. That he didn't have fun today, and only got frustrated...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:32:30 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Milevan Faent

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 05:13:46 pm »
Not. A single. Person.

Well, in fact, my post was quite unprecise. I was a member of a crew, not a captain, and in fact such button was propably not displayed to me at all.

Edit: By the way... come on, seriously? Do I have to click a button to allow other players to join the lobby? Like, seriously? Who really thought it might be a good idea? And the other sad thing is, that one of my friends, who had played quite a lot, and liked this game despite it's flaws just told me, second day after this update, that he seriously thinks about deleting the game. That he didn't have fun today, and only got frustrated...

Custom Lobbies are not normal lobbies. They are meant for specific purposes, like Iron Fork, or offering to train newbies. They are not a replacement for Matchmaker. People can join them normally, but to get randoms in, you need to open it up to Queue. If you don't open them up, the only way to use Custom Lobbies is via invites.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 05:30:20 pm »
Yes, I understood that. And I see a sort of reason behind that, as you explained it now. BUT. Why on earth matchmaking COMPLETELY replaced normal lobbies? When I heard about it coming, I thought it would be sorta' reinforcement [ I lack certain vocabulary, I
m sorry ] for players. Any players. Because now it supports nobody, in my opinion - not newbies, nor veterans... And I haven't (yet?) stumble upon an active player who would liked that matchmaking thing as it is now.

By the way - time-left management in "lobbies"; this thing doesn't really help. Sometimes it's annoying as hell.

Offline Milevan Faent

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 07:34:38 pm »
Yes, I understood that. And I see a sort of reason behind that, as you explained it now. BUT. Why on earth matchmaking COMPLETELY replaced normal lobbies? When I heard about it coming, I thought it would be sorta' reinforcement [ I lack certain vocabulary, I
m sorry ] for players. Any players. Because now it supports nobody, in my opinion - not newbies, nor veterans... And I haven't (yet?) stumble upon an active player who would liked that matchmaking thing as it is now.

By the way - time-left management in "lobbies"; this thing doesn't really help. Sometimes it's annoying as hell.

Well, I'm an active player, and I love it. It replaced lobbies because lobbies were a problem. You may have thought they weren't, but the thousands of emails Muse got complaining about lobbies says otherwise. I was part of the people complaining about lobbies too, so I for one was all for this change. There is NOTHING you can find that was lost in the change between lobbies and matchmaking. Everything you could do then is still there. This was proven by months of testing.