Author Topic: So let's talk about boarding...  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
So let's talk about boarding...
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:53:18 pm »
...up the ship to deal with sandstorms. You know, like a piloting tool that prevents dust storm damage, or maybe a repair tool like a chem spray that dirt proofs a gun.

Why, what did you think I was talking about?

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: So let's talk about boarding...
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:01 am »
hahaha, I had to read it like 12 times to understand, I think Sandstorms are fun to fly through

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 01:32:39 am »
I sense this is going to be another long running joke.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 10:26:34 am »
Air filters?
- as an engineering tool, prevent dust storm damage for 12 seconds (fixed duration) with a 60% decrease in engine performance throughout the active period
- as a piloting tool, prevent storm damage with a 60% decrease in engine performance and remain active for 6 seconds after the tool is deactivated

Dust cowl/sheath?
- as an ammunition, prevents dust damage to the gun as long as the gun isn't fired (basically a condom over the muzzle and a shroud over the mechanism)
- as an engineering tool, prevents dust damage to engines or guns as long as they aren't used - ie. engines must be off for it to be effective

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 12:41:18 pm »
Air filters?
- as an engineering tool, prevent dust storm damage for 12 seconds (fixed duration) with a 60% decrease in engine performance throughout the active period
- as a piloting tool, prevent storm damage with a 60% decrease in engine performance and remain active for 6 seconds after the tool is deactivated

Dust cowl/sheath?
- as an ammunition, prevents dust damage to the gun as long as the gun isn't fired (basically a condom over the muzzle and a shroud over the mechanism)
- as an engineering tool, prevents dust damage to engines or guns as long as they aren't used - ie. engines must be off for it to be effective

This would be so useful on that capture point in the Dunes, with the rolling storm, the name escapes me

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:11:18 pm »
Well, sandstorms are rather amusing and make playing more interesting. Since their damage was pretty well balanced by Muse I don't think we need to invent some avoidance tools.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 11:53:52 am »
Tar clouds, on the other hand, are tools of death.  You'd think you'd be good so long you don't follow them, but oh no, that shit's EXPELLED from their ass, it is a projectile weapon and it hates you more than the Hwacha ever will.

Offline Connor Mc.

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 12:20:42 pm »
Tar clouds, on the other hand, are tools of death.  You'd think you'd be good so long you don't follow them, but oh no, that shit's EXPELLED from their ass, it is a projectile weapon and it hates you more than the Hwacha ever will.

this is the most accurate statement I have ever read on these forums

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:52 pm »
There is already a counter tool to tar barrel, it is called Chute Vent. If you see a squid squirting out black stuff, drop out of the cloud and save your guns and engines. If they are far enough away you won't even loose spot or gun angle.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 01:12:29 pm »

Tar barrel is good, isn't it?  I used to ignore it and never carry it - but I guess I have it selected on my pilot loadout for at least 50% of matches.  It's perfect for when someone thinks they've got into the blind spot aft of Midnight Cowgirl (Pyra) - it frees me up for another clip or two from the forward guns on my primary target, before spinning with Phoenix Claw to face the now disabled attacker.