Author Topic: Aerodrome: The Northern Pact Sign-Up  (Read 12684 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Aerodrome: The Northern Pact Sign-Up
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:46:38 am »

“From Admiral Esrai. Commander of Northern Pact Alliance Forces,

People of the Pact, fellow citizens and countryman of both nations. I’m sure local news services have relayed the events which led to this day. How a band of thugs duped both of us into a senseless war with our neighbors.

The first act of this new alliance was to punish those thugs. However, it is my sad duty to inform you that the advance fleet, which we sent, was annihilated in a cowardly trap that was laid in wait for them.

Thankfully, I am glad to report that there was survivors. However, what they report paints a disturbing picture. One where both our nations are now facing grave danger as the Fjordlanders are not only the direct cause behind the destruction of the fleet, but also had a hand in the events which led our nations to such a senseless war.

They see their chance and they are taking it. Marching to war upon us, seeking not just our lands, but our very lives down to the last child.

Our agents have confirmed it and there are even more disturbing reports of Chaladon sending resources to the Baronies, to aide their war effort.

As I stand here today, in light of recent events, I do not fall into despair as our enemies would want. Why? Because justice is on our side! The side of the people!

No matter how dark, how dreary the days ahead get, I know we shall come through them because of you all. The strength of Yesha, of Anglea, is you!

For every friend, every loved one, every life that they stole from us; we shall return upon their heads ten fold. Our enemy is arrogant, prideful, and sees us as none other than carrion before them!

We shall show them how mistaken they are. They shall fall before the might of our combined strength!

Join us in this endeavor! Whether old or young, rich or poor, support your local aerodrome! Enlist today! Do it not for your countries, but for your children and children’s children who would suffer under Fjordlander tyranny!

We must not fail! The price is too high!”

Sign-up with either full teams or partial teams, or single ships. Full teams gets preference of faction. Individual boat signups are welcomed and you will be drafted into a faction which needs you. We'll try to make sure you stay with the faction you signup for. Signups run until October 25th.

Example sign-up:

<Team Logo (Optional)>
<Team Name>
<Number of Ships>
<Port Hailing From (Optional, for Caster’s benefit)>
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:05:38 am by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
Re: Aerodrome: The Northern Pact Sign-Up
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »
Signup:

Logo: Pending

Team Name: Green Sun Trading Co.

Number of Ships: One

Port Hailing From: Vyshtorg, Mercantile Guild
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:03:17 pm by DrTentacles »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:00:49 pm »

The Storm Ryders, Hailing - Kinforth Anglea and the Northernmost Archipelagic Lands, pledges allegiance to the Northern Pact.

Pilots:     Dementio                Lueosi                      Ayetach  |  Wundsalz           
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crew:     GeoRmr                   Deltajugg                 Allien'                     
               Extirminator            FredTheFifth             LlamasUnite
               JarmenKell              Aayra                        Lydia Litvyak

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:33:56 pm by GeoRmr »

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:56:31 pm »
New Ryder Logo

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 05:52:49 pm »
Signing up now is

CakeWatch!

Logo: [to come]

In this fleet we have 6 ships.

• From Boomtown, Dust Coast, Middle Plains we have the ships belonging to Melon and Replaceable which "came to Yesha to blow stuff up and light fires".
  • From Mercure, just north of the Arashi capital, is Queu Fox P.'s ship, here to fight as a mercenary vessel and bring spoils of the war back to their tribe.
  • From Tamblair, inside Anglea, is the ship of Puppy Fur.
  • Shanghaied into the Anglean fleet and originating from Kian in Firnfeld is VomAct's ship.
  • And from Norbrygg on the Haven Bay in Firnfeld is Moike's ship, dragged into the fight to prevent the conflict from closing in on the small town.

These ships may or may not have first met while fitting new sails brought up from the Arashi capital of Alleron.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 06:16:05 pm »
Nice 6 boats. Could you split them into two groups for organization purposes? Or is it split like, Melon + Replaceable + Fox = 1 and then Puppy + VomAct + Moike = 2?

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 07:09:47 pm »
If there are no issues with it we'd like to have a single pool of players that we can split between two separate teams on a weekly basis. If need be for the finals we could randomise the ships if it was viewed as too stacked towards one side.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:17:47 pm by Ightrril »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 07:21:00 pm »
I've provided better options for subbing on the same faction so that could work. May have to amend some rules slightly but it isn't outside the possibility. Just as long as you have a setup for the finals if you make it. Not saying you would or wouldn't but its best to plan ahead. Don't want a huge drama incident over it, in clan or out of clan. I'd recommend you'd have that randomizer for both players and captains for the finals. Although you could just go all out and stack a team at that point but there might be some negative feelings among the other teams around here if you did.

Won't make anything official on this till probably this coming week. I will need two separate team names for scoring purposes for sure. If anyone has any concerns regarding a two team, one pool setup, they can address them here. Just be civil about it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:22:35 pm by Gilder Unfettered »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 02:16:01 am »
Looking good. So like the Coalition, the Pact has 2 ship spots open to balance. Green Sun Trading, you'll either have a TBB support ship to fill or you may fill from one of the other teams on your faction. Remember, anyone who signed up to fly for the Pact could help you fill a match.

Anymore teams that signup late will be used to fill the open spots under the Late to the Party clause before adding another team. The current time spot does allow the possibility of adding another match but more than that and we might be cutting it close. Have to allow time for intermission between matches/etc, as well as whatever potential issues come up.

That said, match list is almost ready to present. I'll hopefully have it listed early and give you time to prep.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 04:41:00 pm »
Ightrril, I'll be posting match list once you get two names decided upon. We'll work with the two team, one pool setup. I would recommend having something in place for the finals if you make it. Randomize your roster would probably be the fairest thing you could do. That is where I see the biggest concerns arise. Not only among other teams but also within your own clans. Between stacking or playing favorites, it is just a dangerous area to tread upon.

Oh and be sure to record down all the names of participants. Don't wait till the end to start writing them down.

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 06:15:22 pm »
Sub-team names

CakeWatch: Flamefeld Minelayers
CakeWatch: Dragontown Bombers

Logo still being worked on.

Offline DrTentacles

• [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 09:31:02 pm »
Any of you fine gentlemen willing to help a humble Guild Trading company ferrying goods to it's northern interests?

Offline DrTentacles

• [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 08:48:35 pm »
The Green Sun Trading Co now has a logo!

Credit goes to Keiran Gold, and the false memories that lead to me imaging that she had drawn me a clan logo, panicking her by demanding a clan logo without any description of what it should be a day or two before I wanted it because I distinctly remembered her having started it, then describing the logo that I clearly remembered her having given me and forcing her to draw it based on my semi-lucid babbling.

I apologize if I have unleashed a demonic glyph upon you.

Offline Keiran Gold

• Salutes: 4
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 08:50:01 pm »
Yes, that is exactly what happened.  No, he's not exaggerating anything.

We're all a little insane, right?

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »
CakeWatch logos
General fleet:

Dragontown Bombers:

Flamefeld Minelayers: