Author Topic: Gunner Tool: Wrench Vs Spanner  (Read 34978 times)

Offline DJ Tipz N Trix

• Salutes: 20
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner Tool: Wrench Vs Spanner
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 12:27:51 am »
It takes 11 seconds to rebuild a heavy gun with spanner and 12 with wrench. Again it's only a 1 second difference and leaves you impotent if you don't have an immediate engi near. You can't save the gun when being shot by shatter and can't repair the hull.
These numbers seem a little off.  If the spanner has rebuild 5 and wrench has rebuild 4, then a spanner should rebuild at 125% of the speed, or take 80% of the time.  So a 12 second rebuild for a wrench should be under 10 for a spanner (9.6 by exact calculations).  I know it works that like on the squid hull.  A squid hull takes 20 rebuild power: 4 spanner hits or 5 wrench hits.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2015, 01:06:24 am »
It takes 15 spanner hits and 18 wrench. The numbers are a bit off because I timed it with a stopwatch while spam clicking and holding down. The extra 3 hits take more than a second and less than two, maybe the approx 1.6 seconds calculated by Extirminator.

Extirminator put it well. Unless you plan on shooting a ton of lochs straight ahead on a mine pyra you're better off with wrench.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:15:41 am by BlackenedPies »

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 10:50:45 am »
Components have exceptions in that they won't always have numbers that are directly divisible by both 4 and 5 so you get some odd number with rebuilding. For example a component that requires 12 rebuild power to rebuild, will need 3 hits from a spanner or 3 hits from a pipe wrench - they both have equal rebuild time(if the tool usage cooldown is the same) even though the spanner is supposedly better at rebuilding by 25%.

formula:
http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rebuilding#Rebuild_Time

variables needed for formula(in the table):
http://gunsoficarusonline.wikia.com/wiki/Rebuilding#Rebuild_Values_and_Power

we have a wiki :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:55:17 am by Extirminator »

Offline DJ Tipz N Trix

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 12:45:55 pm »
The wiki says that each hit takes approx .75 seconds, making the 3 extra hits require 2.5 seconds, which is pretty close to the 2.4 I calculated (because of ceiling rounding). 

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2015, 01:16:00 pm »
I timed again and it takes 10.8 seconds for spanner and 12.4 for mallet: 1.6 second difference.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:18:20 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 04:20:12 pm »
Alright since we're on some Maths, here's how it works:

Rebuild Value
Heavy Gun: 70.6 (71)
Light Gun: 44.33 (45)
Heavy Engine: 58.75 (59)
Light Engine: 30
Balloon: 46

Rebuild Power
Spanner: 5
Wrench: 4
Mallet: 2

Each hit is 0.75s.

I timed again and it takes 10.8 seconds for spanner and 12.4 for mallet wrench: 1.6 second difference.
Wrench: 18 hits * 0.75s = 13.5 seconds.
Spanner: 15 hits * 0.75s = 11.25 seconds.
Difference: 3 hits * 0.75s = 2.25 seconds.

@DJ Tipz N Trix: 3 hits * 0.75s = 2.25 seconds; pretty close to your timing.

@Extir: I found it strange you guys had the formula out and everything but didn't have a column for the actual values themselves. Kudos for getting the formula though, they seem to be pretty accurate.

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »
@Extir: I found it strange you guys had the formula out and everything but didn't have a column for the actual values themselves. Kudos for getting the formula though, they seem to be pretty accurate.

I didn't want to overload the page with information, it was already packed with info. I thought that if someone is interested enough in getting the exact rebuild values for each component they can just put all the variables in the short formula. Because at the end they don't make too much of a difference than the other approximations people have.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2015, 09:01:47 pm »
I took the average of 3 trials holding down and 3 trials spam clicked for each.
For spam clicking I used a mouse + laptop pad. Ping averaged 50

Spanner hold: 10.9
Spanner click: 10.5
Wrench hold: 12.47
Wrench click: 12.07

Please conduct your own tests.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 09:09:23 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2015, 10:34:55 pm »
At this point I am not even sure what is being tested and why.

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 10:43:24 pm »
Rebuild time for heavy weapon. The formula says it should be 11.25 seconds for spanner and 13.5 wrench with a difference of 2.25 seconds. The actual values are lower.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:58:23 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 11:03:10 pm »
Will it help it I told you that 0.75 seconds is only the approximate value and for the super duper hardcore math people there are more exact values such as:
(from game data)

Mallet-0.65s use delay
Pipe Wrench-0.667 use delay
Spanner-0.7s use delay

So it will make the actual time:
Pipe Wrench - 11.34s
Spanner - 9.8s
(this makes more sense now that your recorded values are larger rather than smaller than the expected result, which game processing, latency and possible human error could have caused. Assuming that the spam clicking was more reliable than holding you have about a 0.72s average time longer than the expected value.)

I don't feel like it is worth mentioning most of the time the exact values, because it makes such a tiny difference and only on some very select occasions will it make a difference of more than a second if even. Also, most of the time you will somewhere screw up and add some extra time you could have saved between swings because you weren't fast enough - so those small differences from 0.75 usually get neglected. Not to mention varying latency that adds a bit too.
Ultimately it confuses people more than it benefits them in most cases.

Though I still use the exact values in my programs when I run them because I cannot live with 0.5 seconds of inaccuracy :P
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:05:16 pm by Extirminator »

Offline Extirminator

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 11:15:24 pm »
ohh actually, sorry for the double post but I just realized something. You guys were calculating the rebuild time wrong, and I didn't think to check you.

There are 18 hits required for wrench and 15 for spanner, but the first hit does not require to wait the ~.75 seconds in order to be registered. So even though there are 18/15 hits you only multiply the delay time for 17/14 of the shots.

(For my numbers I gave last post I used a program that already takes into account the first delay being not registered and does everything for me, because I was being lazy, if I wasn't using it we both would have had the same results because of the same mistake.)

Also sorry for the derailing the thread into a math-fest everyone :/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 11:20:34 pm by Extirminator »

Offline BlackenedPies

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 11:23:30 pm »
Thanks!

Offline DJ Tipz N Trix

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2015, 12:48:11 am »
Will it help it I told you that 0.75 seconds is only the approximate value and for the super duper hardcore math people there are more exact values such as:
(from game data)

Mallet-0.65s use delay
Pipe Wrench-0.667 use delay
Spanner-0.7s use delay

So it will make the actual time:
Pipe Wrench - 11.34s
Spanner - 9.8s
(this makes more sense now that your recorded values are larger rather than smaller than the expected result, which game processing, latency and possible human error could have caused. Assuming that the spam clicking was more reliable than holding you have about a 0.72s average time longer than the expected value.)

I don't feel like it is worth mentioning most of the time the exact values, because it makes such a tiny difference and only on some very select occasions will it make a difference of more than a second if even. Also, most of the time you will somewhere screw up and add some extra time you could have saved between swings because you weren't fast enough - so those small differences from 0.75 usually get neglected. Not to mention varying latency that adds a bit too.
Ultimately it confuses people more than it benefits them in most cases.

Though I still use the exact values in my programs when I run them because I cannot live with 0.5 seconds of inaccuracy :P

It's kinda weird how the different tools have different swing times.  That makes the spanner even worse when compared to the wrench, and might explain why the numbers are closer together than expected.  The difference between 18/15 and 17/14 is the same though.