Author Topic: Gunner Balance improvements currently in the dev app!  (Read 4593 times)

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Gunner Balance improvements currently in the dev app!
« on: September 27, 2014, 01:18:50 am »
Tested out the latest changes in the Dev App and gunners have been given a balance buff.  This means gunners are way more agile when moving around the ship and can move between different guns much quicker than engineers can.  There are many new parkour possibilities with gunners being able to climb almost vertically up ship ropes.

Pilots and engineers will be given a balance debuff which means they will have a 10% chance of tripping and falling every time they make a step.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner Balance improvements currently in the dev app!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 10:36:01 am »
Additionally all engineers now have simulated nearsightedness. This makes it extremely difficult to fire guns, while not hindering their engineering ability. There is an additional engineering tool "glasses" which can slightly mediate this, allowing gungineer gameplay, but at a higher cost than before.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »
*Facepalm* I actually fell for this until I got to the tripping part... then I checked to see if I was in the pit or not

Offline Canon Whitecandle

• Salutes: 8
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:44:27 pm »
Don't forget the new 'butterfingers' debuff for engineers which gives them a 10% chance to reset their reload cycle if they try and use special ammunition. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. In fact, I'm developing a mod called Project G to try and return Guns of Icarus back to the way it was before Muse ruined the game for competitive.