Author Topic: Daily Specials  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Daily Specials
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »
So, I have had this idea sitting in the back of my head for the last few days, and was hesitant to put it out there, but I've decided what the heck. The idea is basically that at roughly 4 PM PST (7 PM EST) , a special match will be put up in the game. It will have specific rules to it, and the rules will be different each day. If it goes through a weekly rotation, or has events selected at random (from a preformed list) or whatever hasn't been decided, but if people are interested, this could be pretty fun. Below are a few of the ideas I've had so far, though some of them are things people already do occasionally anyway.

All Mines match
AI Only match
Harpoon Only match
Flamer Only match (gotta have some Cake love after all)
Heavy Harpoon Only match (must use Heavy weapons or Harpoons only)
All Squid match
All Galleon match
Galleon race? (this is a random idea I literally just had, and would probably draw inspiration from the Squid Races I've heard about, if I can find the rules for them)
Squid race (cause why not include them too)
All Snipers (weapons with 1000m or longer range, and light flak because it's so close to the cut-off)

These are only the ideas I've come up with so far. If you have any, share them below! If people are really interested, maybe today or tomorrow we could even start actually doing this. The event would last an hour at most probably.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Specials
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:54:37 pm »
In my opinion if people want something to happen - they do it. So either try to make / find such things in lobbies yourself or select the best idea, polish it, test it and make an official event of it with your clan (i.e. Iron Fork)

About the ideas themselves:
All Mines match - you should talk to Clan Clan about this one :P
AI Only match - IMO bad idea because decreases default number of people playing from 16 to 4.
Galleon race - this would be the most boring thing ever :D The race of the slowest ship in the game. I have counter-idea: galleon WRESTLING. The rules are: we have 2 (or 4?) ships who wrestle each other (like sumo wrestlers) - they can only bump at each other. The idea is to bump our enemy out of certain zone (say - map square?).

btw. "All Snipers" = 90% matches on Dunes :P

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:09:04 pm »
In my opinion if people want something to happen - they do it. So either try to make / find such things in lobbies yourself or select the best idea, polish it, test it and make an official event of it with your clan (i.e. Iron Fork)

About the ideas themselves:
All Mines match - you should talk to Clan Clan about this one :P
AI Only match - IMO bad idea because decreases default number of people playing from 16 to 4.
Galleon race - this would be the most boring thing ever :D The race of the slowest ship in the game. I have counter-idea: galleon WRESTLING. The rules are: we have 2 (or 4?) ships who wrestle each other (like sumo wrestlers) - they can only bump at each other. The idea is to bump our enemy out of certain zone (say - map square?).

btw. "All Snipers" = 90% matches on Dunes :P

Yeah, talking with the rest of my clan might be a good idea.

The Galleon Race was literally just a random "why not" idea. I didn't exactly plan out what to do much, this was more just throwing ideas out there. Wrestling like that though might make for a very amusing game though. Rules would need to be defined though so everyone has something to do, and it would require testing to see if it was doable. I know Dunes tends to be a sniper fest. The "All AI" match idea was intended for a 4v4, so there would be more players than just a 2v2 all AI would have. But yeah, probably not the greatest idea.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »
Galleon race...slow? Hell, a top speed Galleon with moonshine is faster than a keroseneing Pyramidion.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:03:27 pm »
The Merry Men have a mine-only lobby running most Mondays. I think there's one up now, in fact.