Author Topic: Tanya's GOI fanart.  (Read 50114 times)

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Tanya's GOI fanart.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2015, 05:56:32 am »
I don't get it :(

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2015, 06:09:58 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giMP2WtXtSU

I sense this is relevant to your interests.

Why on earth would you watch english-dubbed anime? I mean, seyiu do so much better job than english dubbers...

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:02 am »
Quote from: Maximillian Jazzhand on April 14, 2015, 08:42:50 pm

Why on earth would you watch english-dubbed anime? I mean, seyiu do so much better job than english dubbers...

I may have several objections to that. Not everypony speaks japanese. Or english.

And i am 100% not weeaboo, and don't understand this overwhelming interest to everything japanese. So really, no idea how it interferes with my interests, sir Ceresbane. Would you mind to explain ?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:33:28 am by Tanya Phenole »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2015, 08:39:24 am »
no one gets what ceresbane does

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2015, 09:41:52 am »

tsss, Skrim, I am trying to build a dialogue

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2015, 10:26:51 am »

I may have several objections to that. Not everypony speaks japanese. Or english.

And i am 100% not weeaboo, and don't understand this overwhelming interest to everything japanese. So really, no idea how it interferes with my interests, sir Ceresbane. Would you mind to explain ?

Original is always the best. Watch in japaneese with whatever subtitles you want. The best and only true way of watching anime.
Also - if you don't know english it's even sillier to watch it in english :D

So much this :D

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2015, 06:03:07 pm »

Original is always the best. Watch in japaneese with whatever subtitles you want. The best and only true way of watching anime.

What if I tell you, that I have no respect for a voice actors, who drastically overemote their lines, like school drama queen? What if I also tell you, that 80% of female seyu with their ultrasonic voices give nothing but a headache to me?

I don't say watching in english is an option. Not watching anime at all is more like my way.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2015, 06:11:05 pm »

What if I tell you, that I have no respect for a voice actors, who drastically overemote their lines, like school drama queen? What if I also tell you, that 80% of female seyu with their ultrasonic voices give nothing but a headache to me?

I don't say watching in english is an option. Not watching anime at all is more like my way.

As someone who watches both anime and My little Pony, I can tell you that some people will like a show while others will not. Before this blows up into a war, I would remind everyone to accept this. Enjoy what you will, defend it if you must, but keep in mind that not everyone will enjoy it. I understand your stance Tanya, although I think you may find some worth in manga, rather than anime, since you seem to show more interest in the art over the rest of the show. If not, that is fine, I just think that Ceres might have meant the actual art would be relevant to you, as both anime and manga can have a pretty wide spread of art styles to study.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »
So back to Tanya drawing ponies on airships then?

Speaking of which, even notice when ever the Pegasi have do to anything together it is Rainbow dash who is the leader. Twilight is the defacto leader of the group, but it Rainbow Dash has often overlooked leadership and motivational skills.

If I were to put together a Pony GOIO team I would have Rainbow dash pilot a squid with Pinkie Pie as her main engineer (because pinkie can be every where at once) with two background ponies as the gungineers. Twilight would captain a galleon, with ever dependable Applejack as the main engineer. Rarity would be the gunner since she has the steadiest hands and sharpest eyes of the group. Rairity might have to double duty on the bottom deck guns because I don't think Fluttershy could bring herself to fire upon another ship. Still Flutershy could take a support roll and buff/repair the downstairs guns while Rairity murders everything else in the sky.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2015, 07:16:39 pm »

Speaking of which, even notice when ever the Pegasi have do to anything together it is Rainbow dash who is the leader. Twilight is the defacto leader of the group, but it Rainbow Dash has often overlooked leadership and motivational skills.

If I were to put together a Pony GOIO team I would have Rainbow dash pilot a squid with Pinkie Pie as her main engineer (because pinkie can be every where at once) with two background ponies as the gungineers. Twilight would captain a galleon, with ever dependable Applejack as the main engineer. Rarity would be the gunner since she has the steadiest hands and sharpest eyes of the group. Rairity might have to double duty on the bottom deck guns because I don't think Fluttershy could bring herself to fire upon another ship. Still Flutershy could take a support roll and buff/repair the downstairs guns while Rairity murders everything else in the sky.

Rainbow Dash as captain?

Holy Crap no.

Sure, she may have leadership, but really, ship to ship combat isn't about leadership. Now, if these are ground troops? Leadership would win a war. But ships? No, they rely on Strategy, outsmarting your opponent.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see Rainbow Dash as a big strategist.

Although, this would be twilight's profession.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 07:24:07 pm »

Rainbow Dash as captain?

Holy Crap no.

Sure, she may have leadership, but really, ship to ship combat isn't about leadership. Now, if these are ground troops? Leadership would win a war. But ships? No, they rely on Strategy, outsmarting your opponent.

Rarity has an eye for detail, she could make a decent captain I guess.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »

Rainbow Dash as captain?

Holy Crap no.

Meh, I'd think she'd spend 90% of actual combat crying, face down on the deck because her "additions" to the ship are getting completely destroyed by bullets and singed by flame.

Although for a Blendershif *Not just a normal blenderfish though, MY blenderfish. So constantly ramming whenever engines are up* I feel Applejack would be awesome at.

EDIT: Brain, why did you make me type "Blendershif"

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 09:26:05 pm »
Sure, she may have leadership, but really, ship to ship combat isn't about leadership. Now, if these are ground troops? Leadership would win a war. But ships? No, they rely on Strategy, outsmarting

Captain Rarity? Really? No offence, but by the time she'd fihish making up her hair, the entire match will be over...

Although I might admit that she is awesome at any clean job. Sniping would be place she performs best of all, to my opinion.

And since we are talking about a main engineer for Captain Twilight, we may be unfair to forget Spike for this role

Offline Tanya Phenole

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 09:37:06 pm »

Little bit offtopic. Love lighthouses.

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2015, 11:00:26 am »
Sure, she may have leadership, but really, ship to ship combat isn't about leadership. Now, if these are ground troops? Leadership would win a war. But ships? No, they rely on Strategy, outsmarting

Captain Rarity? Really? No offence, but by the time she'd fihish making up her hair, the entire match will be over...

Although I might admit that she is awesome at any clean job. Sniping would be place she performs best of all, to my opinion.

And since we are talking about a main engineer for Captain Twilight, we may be unfair to forget Spike for this role

If we're taking main and side characters into account within the mane 6, what about Angel? He is literally Ceresbane.

Also applejack's dog who was immediately forgotten except for a plot device whenever the writers needed it.