Author Topic: Free Advertising (GOI items in TF2)  (Read 7161 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Free Advertising (GOI items in TF2)
« on: September 07, 2014, 10:52:06 pm »
I don't know where to post this, or if i even needed to make a thread, but i just wanted to show these Team Fortress 2 items to the community. The scattergun, one of my favorite main weapons is named the "Gun of Icarus". The Conscientious Objector has a GOI decal on it, and is named the "Free Advertising", this way i can beat them over the head with my favorite team-based game!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:56:54 pm by Dutch Vanya »

Offline JinxedHatesYou

• Salutes: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Free Advertising (GOI items in TF2)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 11:55:31 pm »
Please don't.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 12:06:26 am »
Please do.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 12:19:58 am »
I need to get one of those, so I can beat my friends that bought the game and never played over the head with it  XD

Offline Celti

• Salutes: 12
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 02:00:52 pm »
That's great x3

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 04:58:48 pm »
Actually if everyone who owns GOIO gets the items then I'm totally for this. Items eventually sell pretty well. I've sold quite a few for decent prices to fuel trading card monies. Never use them. Tried TF2 once and just didn't find it appealing. Game is a successful money sink, same as CS:GO. Get people wanting cosmetic items then spending lots of money to make their characters look unique fuels a constant trade market which Valve reaps the rewards from. They're just like MMOs cept you know who the auction house or GTN is. There is never an ending to new items coming out. Gotta catch em all mentality adds to it.

Eventually you figure out to just play to sell items. But can't even do that because the Gov stepped in and demands people file tax returns on virtual items. Really bad that you can make so much from a game that the gov decides they want a cut too. Kinda wonder how the Gov rationalizes it because Valve doesn't mail people checks. You never physically can hold the money you get on Steam. It can only be used for more games or items on Steam.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:00:45 pm by Gilder Unfettered »

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 12:35:06 am »
Exactly, just like how the government classifies bitcoin as a commodity, yet takes its share of it if it increases in value since you bought it when you convert it. (you end up only getting the amount of cash you originally paid.) Basically, the IRS policymakers are a bundle of contortions and money grabbing people who love to allow us to not have nice things.