Author Topic: Ask captain before afk kick  (Read 4997 times)

Offline StrawberryDelite

• Salutes: 5
    • [NEKO]
    • View Profile
Ask captain before afk kick
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:03:58 pm »
A friend of mine has a pretty old computer that takes a while to load Guns up. Most of the time, it's fine and we just have to play evasively for a little while until she loads in. Unfortunately, on some of the bigger/laggier maps or on 4v4s, she gets kicked out for afk before she even has a chance to load into the game.

To solve this, it'd be nice if, instead of immediately kicking out a crewmember for afk, a message would pop up for either the captain or the rest of the crew simply stating something along the lines "x is now considered afk, permission to kick?" Pushing F4 would vote to kick them out and F5 would vote to keep them on the ship or something along those lines. Just in case it was decided to give the "afk" member the benefit of the doubt and keep him or her on the ship for just a little longer, a button could appear next to their name in the tab menu that would either kick them out immediately or re-initiate a vote depending on whether it's up to the captain or the crew to decide.

Offline JinxedHatesYou

• Salutes: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Ask captain before afk kick
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:36 pm »
Upgrade PC.

Game is not supposed to be nice and enjoyable if PC fails to meet even minimal requirments.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »
The AFK kick is after three minutes, which is a pretty long time.  Unless you're in a locked lobby with only your friends, it seems unfair to your teammates or anyone else on your ship to delay the game for three minutes while you wait for your friend to load in...

Upgrade PC.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 05:07:24 pm »
Game is not supposed to be nice and enjoyable if PC fails to meet even minimal requirments.

Even if it's far beyond minimal requirements it can be rough.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:35:16 am »
I play on a 3 year old nongaming laptop - it only runs on min settings, and even then has trouble with the cloudier maps (labyrinth, any 3v3 or 4v4 map).

I lag when I zone in, literally for about 20 seconds as the components load - I've learned to stare at the ground until the lag passes to make it go faster - if I'm looking at the environment, it lags for longer and sometimes crashes.

However I've never once had the afk kick be an issue.

Please also note: if it is taking a long time to load, this is a HD issue rather than a processor/graphics card issue. Please buy a new hard drive, those are fairly cheap (even for a laptop).

Also: as far as I've noticed AI crew continues to function until the player fully zones in and starts moving, so its not like the ship is even undermanned.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:37:16 am by pandatopia »