Author Topic: Gunner default tool = spanner?  (Read 5778 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Gunner default tool = spanner?
« on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:29 pm »
Recently I got my friend into the game and discovered that default engineer tool for gunner is spanner.
Why? Shouldn't it be the more universal wrench?

Offline Milevan Faent

• Salutes: 15
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunner default tool = spanner?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 07:06:17 pm »
Recently I got my friend into the game and discovered that default engineer tool for gunner is spanner.

Typically the only thing a Gunner cares about fixing is their own gun. It is generally better for them. But yeah, some pilots may prefer they bring a wrench so they can help with repairs in a bad situation.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:20:30 pm »
The default should definitely be a pipe wrench.  It is almost always going to be the best tool for a gunner to bring.  I have no idea why a spanner would be the default.  It's teaching new players bad habits.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:00 pm »
I always take a wrench.  if I'm on a light gun, it's definitely the better option - easy to rebuild and repair to full.  with heavy guns, if it has a long enough reload time and needs repair, I'll hop off the gun and whack it with the wrench, then hop back on and still be able to load in my ammo.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »
The wrench is universal enough for rebuilds and good enough for keeping your gun repaired during reloads (quickly pressing e, mouse button, e again). I as a gunner am using a wrench and strongly believe everyone should do the same.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 04:05:20 am »

Typically the only thing a Gunner cares about fixing is their own gun. It is generally better for them.

That is exactly why they should bring a pipe wrench. They can't fix their own gun with only mallet or only spanner.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 07:16:31 pm »
Goldfish and to a degree spire gunners should bring the spanner because they can always count on an engineer with a mallet to be near by. Junker and pyramidion gunners will be better served with a wrench since they are expected to operate independently.