Author Topic: Differences between Ships in different factions  (Read 9586 times)

Offline Alexander MV

• Salutes: 14
    • View Profile
Differences between Ships in different factions
« on: September 03, 2014, 08:24:19 pm »
I was wondering, since all ship classes can be used in each faction, what one ship would look like if it were in different factions.

For example, a goldfish in the Arashi League might look junkier and scrappier, as if it were made from parts found in desert rubble. While a Chaladon goldfish would look more elegant, and have more of those curly wings, like we see in the squid

I'm interested in hearing thoughts about this. It would be fun to see what people think.

Offline Alexander MV

• View Profile
Re: Differences between Ships in different factions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »
Also, based on the boss ship concepts and the spire, a Fjord ship might have a more industrial look and some kind of shield plating

Offline Johnathan Likkly

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 05:21:17 am »
To be honest, my interest lies very firmly with the Anglean Republic, which really doesn't have it's own ship. It may be the Junker, but I just don't see it fitting the faction's need for old tech. Like, I don't know, when I think of their ships, I see flying industrial vehicles, or maybe pieced together tank bits. Very slow, very armored, and very immovable. Using other faction's ships, their's would probably look overweighted and tankish. Most likely coated in a thick layer of ice and possibly held together with whatever they could find. Like the Galleon would be a favorite, but most of the wood would be scraped for thick metal. Hell, they may even get rid of the four guns and put one giant one on that bottom that needs to have the ship facing the target.

Offline Alexander MV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
I agree, an Anglean ship would sacrifice beauty for brawn; I could see an Anglean ship with scraps of as much technology as they could fit on, however, I think ice is something that would depend on where in the world the ship is, regardless of faction

Offline Alexander MV

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 11:06:10 am »
Anglean Republic, which really doesn't have it's own ship. It may be the Junker
The Junker was originally designed an Arashi League ship, by the way, the Republic doesn't have its own original ship design yet
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:07:48 am by Stormwielder »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 03:22:38 pm »
Hell, they may even get rid of the four guns and put one giant one on that bottom that needs to have the ship facing the target.

I would love to see a version of a galleon with a long-range heavy howitzer/missile aimed forward.
It would function as a mobile artillery, and I could see it being a viable opponent on the co-op.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:34 pm »
I guess I'll ask here then, so Junker is Arashi League, what factions are the other ships linked to?  :o

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 12:55:06 pm »
Pyra, Galleon, Goldfish are Yesha.

Squid is Chaladonian design.

Forgot what Spire and Mobula is I bet somebody posted it already.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 01:50:51 pm »
Mobula is mercantile league.