Author Topic: Captain looking for a team  (Read 8197 times)

Offline Mandoza

• Salutes: 0
    • [FOXX]
    • View Profile
Captain looking for a team
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:32:36 pm »
Looking for a clan to do competitive:

My current playtime is 182 hours:  I like playing for fun mostly on the ladder and I really transfer that over into my competitive play.  I complement a team by adding new crazy strategies for tight situations(if anyone ever listened which they don't but thats captain trouble)

Plays:

Interceptor squid
-Front Gat
-Side Banshee
-Back Flame
-Tar

Best use:
Line Breaker
Multi engagements

Spire
Art, Art, Art, manticore :)  (maybe replace one for a merc)
Lumber-mine

Best use:
Spires are bad...well JK
Line Enforcement & Line Breaker
Weapon Disabler
Final shot tactical kills

GoldFish:  Durable weapons platform(support) with fire and barking for harass and tar for the fun goo aftermath ;)
Best uses:  My current gunner/engie/sub pilot(if needed) twistedXmetal a very good at skill shot which makes us a good weapons platform also a really good harassment tactic(again linebreaker)

Gallion:
Left gat Hwat Lumber
Right Car Hwat
Back Flame
Play style line breaker (Usually main weapons but I have been known to rush backwards at something that is weak with a flame thrower)

Pyramidion  I don't play pyra(I might use double merc...)

Mobulas are good but I don't play

Junkers are bad

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Captain looking for a team
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:00:45 pm »
Junkers are bad

What's your problem wtih junkers?

Offline Mandoza

• [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »
Well...  Nothing...  Really,  just a community joke more then anything.  Spires are also bad(but I play them) also on topic M8...

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:01:59 pm »
Spires are also bad

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat spires are awesome

Offline Mandoza

• [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 10:05:13 pm »
My fave ship <3 but needs work EDIT:again on topic

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:28:58 pm »
As it stands, the only ship in-game that seems to be non-viable for competitive play is the Squid (most other ships can be made to work in certain situations). Junker is actually one of the main-stays of competitive currently. BUT ANY-WHO (back to the main point of your post), Most clans that do competitive can only field one team (though there are a few clans who have multiple teams), and more often than not a team is structured around the captains. So I'm not actually sure how much success you'll have trying to find team to be apart of. What I would recommend is gathering friends of yours together who are also interested in competitive play and forming your own team. When you have a team all set up and ready to go, I'd suggest entering into the Sunday Community Skirmish (SCS) to test your mettle.

I do wish you the best of luck, and hope you have fun \o.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:53:49 am »
So are you looking for a clan to compete against? A clan/team to join? Or just some players to fill out your 4-8 person team?

Offline Mandoza

• [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:52:31 pm »
I am either 2 captains or 1 captain and 1 engie who has added a complement to offer as my personal skill sets/ship choices to anyone willing to take me(us)(not pickey prefer 4v4 because of control based play but will be another ship for a 2v2 if they have engies to supply)

Offline Mandoza

• [FOXX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 04:02:50 pm »
As it stands, the only ship in-game that seems to be non-viable for competitive play is the Squid (most other ships can be made to work in certain situations). Junker is actually one of the main-stays of competitive currently. BUT ANY-WHO (back to the main point of your post), Most clans that do competitive can only field one team (though there are a few clans who have multiple teams), and more often than not a team is structured around the captains. So I'm not actually sure how much success you'll have trying to find team to be apart of. What I would recommend is gathering friends of yours together who are also interested in competitive play and forming your own team. When you have a team all set up and ready to go, I'd suggest entering into the Sunday Community Skirmish (SCS) to test your mettle.

I do wish you the best of luck, and hope you have fun \o.

Your probably right although we would have to get a group of people to come play with us...  Maybe I should start a post about that...  Umm...  Hmm...  Maybe I should delete this post somehow...  EDIT: I also replied to the wrong person...  Again somehow.

Edit2: Deleted original quote added new quote.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:04:47 pm by Mandoza »