Author Topic: Eliminate AI Gunners  (Read 15745 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Eliminate AI Gunners
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 05:07:23 am »
I agree. HOWEVER, the AI does load ammo, i've seen em load heavy clip into the gatling gun.

pics or it didn't happen

No I've seen it too. Thought it was weird when I first saw it but sure enough. Think its some rare bug. Haven't seen it for a long time and it wouldn't happen consistently. My guess would be the AI pathing isn't that much different than that for engineers. Remember AI engineers can change between spanner, mallet, extinguish. What would be stopping a gunner from doing the same thing other than maybe there is no instructions for it? It wouldn't surprise me if at times the AI has a brain fart and decides to change ammo.

Think about it, why does the AI unload guns when it gets on them? It is changing ammo. Now it didn't used to do this. Used to see AI jumping on guns and using them with whatever ammo was preloaded. Then it would reload with standard when the clip would be up. My guess is, Muse has been tweaking a little. Remember they did state there would be an AI director that would be required for COOP + Adventure mode. AI being smart with ammo would be a step towards that I'd imagine.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 09:39:19 am »
I can agree that AI gunners are pretty useless but let's not be crazy about AI's and AI control. Obviously this game is meant to play with people so although I kinda agree it would be nice to have some AI control/customization - this is probably one of the lowest priorities right now.

If there were a way to integrate V-commands into this, that would be the best thing ever.

Devs are working on V-command revamp so maybe something will happen.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 07:09:19 pm »
Just make AI gunners have all the ammos, and use whatever was put in the gun by a human last, and I will be happy.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »
After some testing, it seems that AI will load special ammos.... but only two kinds in only a few guns.

Heavy Flak, Heavy Carro, Lumberjack: Charged rounds.

Gatling: Heavy clip.

Everything else: Nada.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2014, 12:22:54 am »
I only see the heavy clip in the gatling by the AIs once in a blue moon.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:08 am »
I'm not sure if this is true anymore, but a while back there was a tournament where it was just a pilot and three AI on each side. Squash, the winner, had this to say about the AI's ammo type behavior:

Good question, what I realised halfway through the tournament is AI have ammo types just like human crew, AI engineers seem to have burst, and AI gunners have 3, I can't remember which but I know one of them is heavy. But they'll only use that ammo if you preload it for them, so the key was loading heavy clip on the gattling and keeping the gunner on it.

I think this may have been before the changes to reloading, so it's probably changed since then.