Author Topic: Engineer Scorecard  (Read 9264 times)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Engineer Scorecard
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:18 pm »
I think it would be cool if the follkwing 2 stats were added and contributed to your engineer performance grade.
Hp repaired.
Chem Sprays applied.

This is because I feel that a sign of a good engineer these days, is how well they can Chem spray (is it just me that thinks that?) Make sure it tracks all of them not just when it loses chem and is reapplied.

And although the parts 'repaired' stat shows how omnipresent an engineer is, if 90 of your 120 repairs are on the Pyramidions engines. This does not mean your performance was exceptional. The grade would indicate otherwise.
However if used with hp repaired it shows not only how omnipresent you were but also how important your repairs are.
Plus it would be an Interesting stat to compete with other engis on imo. :D
Maybe captains could see it to know how good their crew did.

This however maybe tricky and time consuming to implement, it might also cause performance issues, (tracking hp repaired on every ship, and number of chems for evryone playing might strain servers [i dont actually know if it would or not i dont make games])
Plus if Muse did work on it- it's not necessary reaaally. Go work on something worth more of your effort :D Scoring is a good enough feature as it is right now.
This just might be a cool addition tho. Idk :D

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Engineer Scorecard
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 09:41:00 pm »
I think it should also take into account your gunning.  As a gungineer with a good pilot I'll often not have to fix much but do a lot of damage/killing and then get a really low score.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 05:00:47 am »
Also true, i was gonna mention it but i figured muse would never score an engi on gunning.
(even though a successful gunjineer will have destroyed many parts and ships)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:55 am »
Frankly I don't even care for performance grade because it has no connection with reality.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 07:04:09 am »
The performance grade is nothing but a joke.

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 07:08:57 am »
Yeah the performance grade doesnt account for engineers gunning.

Unless a gunner can gun 2  guns at the same time. Engineers will have to gun.

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 12:00:16 pm »
I like the merge of the gunner scorecard and the engineer scorecard - there is no reason these two roles are so different.

Kills and components broken by an engie matter just as much as a gunner - and vice versa, gunner rebuilds/repairs are just as useful as engineer ones.

Chem sprays applied is a joke - simply because you can cheese it by constantly applying, and good sprayers will never let it drop either. Should be fires prevented by chem is the real one.

But like others have stated before noone that's played more than 100 games ever cares about the scorecard at all, except to say, verfiy kills, etc for an achievement.

Or for laughing at the 600 fires set in 1 round from incendiery flamers or something lol.

Offline Replaceable

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 02:14:15 pm »
I like the merge of the gunner scorecard and the engineer scorecard - there is no reason these two roles are so different.

Kills and components broken by an engie matter just as much as a gunner - and vice versa, gunner rebuilds/repairs are just as useful as engineer ones.

Chem sprays applied is a joke - simply because you can cheese it by constantly applying, and good sprayers will never let it drop either. Should be fires prevented by chem is the real one.

But like others have stated before noone that's played more than 100 games ever cares about the scorecard at all, except to say, verfiy kills, etc for an achievement.

Or for laughing at the 600 fires set in 1 round from incendiery flamers or something lol.

True- I dont care about scorecards either just those stats would be cool imo.
And yeah merging them would be pretty good.
And yeah fires prevented makes more sense.

Offline sparklerfish

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 08:35:10 pm »
I like the idea of merging them into a single scorecard best, I think.  Regardless of class, part destroys/ship kills/repairs/rebuilds are all equally important.  I'd like to see a "Player Score" rather than a "Gunner Score" or "Engineer Score".

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 09:21:24 pm »
I'd like to see a "Player Score" rather than a "Gunner Score" or "Engineer Score".

this, yes.

Offline sparklerfish

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 09:37:44 pm »
I also understand the pilot score being separate because what you do as a pilot is very different from what you do as a crew member, but I also don't think weighing it based on kills is really demonstrative of your success as a pilot -- sometimes you're the support ship disabling the enemy while your teammate gets the kill shot.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 10:25:37 pm »
All flamethrower pyramidion flown with no strategy is the only ship build gives me a 5.0 pilot score every time.

Offline sparklerfish

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2014, 02:09:25 pm »
I typically only get 5.0 as gunner when I'm on mines.  :P

Oh and hwacha.  Flamers result in a pretty high score too.

Offline shaelyn

• [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 06:53:11 pm »
I also understand the pilot score being separate because what you do as a pilot is very different from what you do as a crew member, but I also don't think weighing it based on kills is really demonstrative of your success as a pilot -- sometimes you're the support ship disabling the enemy while your teammate gets the kill shot.

well, and sometimes when your ship is dead in the water or otherwise tanking, the pilot will get off the helm and take a gun or get on the hull.  everyone should get this, and everyone should be able to see how many kills the ship got, too.  sometimes the rest of the crew wants to know.
but no, kills for your ship is not demonstrative of skill or success as a pilot at all.

...not that I really ever pay attention to these scorecards at all...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:54:52 pm by shaelyn »