Author Topic: Unity  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
Unity
« on: August 25, 2014, 02:34:26 pm »
Welcome To Unity
What are we: Unity is a small cross-platform clan of gamers with a particular interest in aviation, space, roleplay, and exploration games. We are fully aware of how corny the name sounds, and quite honestly as the unofficial leader of the group I couldn't give another damn at how trite or overused it is. I picked the name because it was simple, memorable, and stood for what I wanted this group to stand for. Thus far nobody seems to hate it, and the name has stuck.

Who are we: Unity is a group of friends. A virtual family, in some instances. Many of us are quite close, and we have learned to trust each other near absolutely. That is not to say we do not like introducing new players into our ranks. Quite the opposite, in fact. That said, the banner of Unity has withstood migration through multiple servers and games, and if I have any say in it it will remain intact for some time yet.

Why are we: The formation of Unity is painful for me to speak about. We are a splinter group, a small clique of friends that divided from a much larger community after multiple waves of dissent with said group's management. As a whole, I would state that what we hate most is a lack of transparency in the communities we originate from. Unity exists as an effort on my part to keep intend and administration clear and concise to all members. Everyone has a say in the clan from the day they first join us, and no voice is unheard.

Where are we going: As of late, our group has been struck by intense apathy on our home server. The games we founded on are being played less and less, and our members have begun to spread out. That said, despite falling apart as one would expect a single-server group to do, we have begun to migrate as a group. One member of our group has begun to host a Minecraft server, and others have begun to run irregular Garry's mod nights. I personally was brought into GoI by four or so clan members during the recent sale. Here I see an opportunity. A chance to introduce new blood into our family, and a chance to have a blast playing with as much teamwork as our little community can stand.

Like any family, or community, not all is roses and cream. We do bicker. We fight. We have members who are not able to actively participate, and we have braggarts. I am not perfect by any means. Our servers sometimes go down without warning. Sometimes we lie.

Through all of that, however, we at Unity stand tall together. We are not, and probably never will be the best. That is not our goal. Our goal is to rise together as a group, look down at the world, and flick it off.

We stand together in Unity.
Do you wish to stand with us?

Communication we use

Games we Play:
Minecraft
Guns of Icarus
SS13
Garry's Mod
Tabletops (Roll20)
Guild wars 2
-And many others

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: Unity
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »
It's funny because GOIO is built on Unity :D

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:44:20 pm »
What server do you play SS13 on? Some of my friends play, but I could never get into it.

Offline Jamini

• Salutes: 2
    • [NEV]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:05:45 pm »
We host our own. It's still up currently, though probably empty at this time of day.

That's why our tag is NEV. Nanotrasen Exploration Vessel. :)

Honestly, a lot of interest has been flagging for the game. BYOND is dying a slow, painful death, and the SS13 numbers have dropped to less than half they were last year. I'm personally keeping a close eye on Centration (Which is a spiritual successor.) and getting involved elsewhere while I wait.

It's funny because GOIO is built on Unity :D

Yuuuup. That had zero bearing on the name. We do joke about it though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:09:16 pm by Jamini »

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 12:05:54 pm »
I thought this was a discussion about graphics engines and how everything should be built on Unreal since it is soooo cooooooool.

But I know basically nothing about graphics engines except how cool unreal is so I might be SLIGHTLY biased.

Anyway now I'm curious what SS13 is.

I'm going to assume it stands for "Super Secret 13".

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 12:44:27 pm »
Space Station 13. The most fun you can have under extremely poor and laggy conditions on a terrible outdated 2D engine.