Author Topic: Name Changing Help  (Read 8150 times)

Offline R.e.v.o

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Name Changing Help
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »
When trying to register not a single name i put in was accepted so my friend in TS told me to try this stupid name and of course it decided to work, I want to change my name but every thing i type in is apparently invalid. Funny thing is when i look up my usual name of R3vo or R3vo2014 and different variations of it not a single member shows up on the forum so why the hell can't i change my name to those or anything else, I've tried my name and a bunch of numbers and some other things and it wont let me change my name... Also if anyone could link me to where I can contact this company I would appreciate it because if I can't change my name I am going to demand a refund.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Name Changing Help
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:00:04 pm »
Numbers and special characters are not valid in a name.

Offline R.e.v.o

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:07:54 pm »
Really stupid that they accept spaces, hyphens, and periods but not numbers.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:23:10 pm »
It is not stupid. It is a style choice by the devs which most players agree on. This game is heavily dependent on vocal communications, and I for one would not want to try to pronounce R3vo2014 while in the middle of combat. And that is only the start of the bad names that would come about.

Hyphens, periods, and spaces are common in real names. Numbers are common in interwebnet gibberish 'names'.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 03:29:19 am »
As you can see by Richards replies, numbers will not be accepted, infact after testing this, you will be given the reason why your name was not accepted in-game.

If you truly believe your £4 was wasted just because you cannot have numbers in your name then email feedback@musegames.com

But if you judge a game based solely on what names you can and cannot have, you are pushing yourself to loose out on a truly good game.

Offline Mean Machine

• Salutes: 31
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
Really stupid that they accept spaces, hyphens, and periods but not numbers.

Well it's also pretty stupid to put 2014 in your name. I mean seriously, it takes five seconds to come up with a decent name. I never had problems with unavailable names and i've changed my name 4x so far. I guess you never played any mmorpg games, because there is a nightmare to get names.

Offline c-ponter

• Salutes: 14
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:47 am »
I couldn't get my usual name either (me910) then I realized : Witty names are so mainstream, just use  initial and surname, be edgy!

Offline Steve CZ

• Salutes: 21
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 12:04:01 pm »
I also tried to come up with something interesting and cool, then I realized I don't give a damn :)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 03:51:35 pm »
I think there needs to be a strong message in the name creation. "People will have to shout your name while playing this game. Be sure you make your name easy to pronounce, and as short as possible. Two part names are preferable to one long name. If you don't follow these rules, you are going to have a bad day."