Author Topic: Ship names  (Read 32097 times)

Offline Ightrril

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 28
    • [C¤P]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship names
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2014, 10:32:29 am »
I generally name spires Flakstick/Lumberstick/Hwachastick (or Catstick I suppose)/Blenderstick depending on their heavy gun.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2014, 12:31:30 pm »
Classic Galleon/Meta Galleon/ Lucky Duck Build (that may be just us ducks calling it that), is the good ole, lumber/flak long range piercer left with the hwacha carro right.

Also I generally us the generic term "blenders" for anything that relies on baloon popping. For some people blending means carronade specifically, but for me blending is more a description of losing fighting balloon poppers. If an LJ has me boucning on the ground, I call it being blended.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2014, 01:52:11 pm »
I have always heard quad-hwacha Galleons called 'Hwacha OP Boat'.

The people I know have been calling any Mobula with 3 (or sometimes 2) Hades on one side of the ship a 'Hades Funhouse build'. Named after my original 'Hades Funhouse', of course.

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 08:47:16 am »
Oh and I've heard people refer to a Carronade/Flamer Pyramidion as 'The Rainbow Crash' before after redria's Pyramidion.
:D

It's an interesting build; in redria's pyra guide he refers to it as Urz's Flamer as he saw Urz use it first - although this was a long time ago and I might be mistaken. But then again, I've spent too much time looking at the rainbow crash nuzzling up to the starboard side of my pyra flaming and carronading away :P
Ship hugs!
I totally stole it from Urz, but then I think I may have used it more than him by now too, so whatever. :P

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:11 am »
Flakfish = Blobfish, as it resembles the expression on my face whenever I spot one

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 12:03:37 pm »
Ship hugs!

You'd have to be a masochist to enjoy receiving that kind of hug :P

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 01:40:35 pm »
Nobody has mentioned the famous 'Spidermob'. Too many harpoons and some flamers or other guns on a Mobula.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 02:04:06 pm »
Flakfish = Blobfish, as it resembles the expression on my face whenever I spot one

Did you just insult the almighty flakfish, true terror of the sky. Flakfish is such an amazing ship though, it hurts my heat when I see people who don't know how to use it :(

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 05:40:50 pm »

Did you just insult the almighty flakfish, true terror of the sky. Flakfish is such an amazing ship though, it hurts my heat when I see people who don't know how to use it :(

you ram right?

Offline pandatopia

• Salutes: 15
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2014, 12:10:28 pm »

you ram right?

No you bring a spire and name it Flakfish. and then you go 3 gat and ram with it

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »

you ram right?

No you bring a spire and name it Flakfish. and then you go 3 gat and ram with it

This I have to fly on.
Loch Flak would be so beautiful.