Author Topic: The Steamos Union: Mercenary Engineers for Hire  (Read 11686 times)

Offline Roderick Archer

• Salutes: 13
    • View Profile
The Steamos Union: Mercenary Engineers for Hire
« on: March 28, 2013, 11:52:10 am »
THE STEAMOS UNION
Picture is not mine, will take down if asked by owner

A good Engineer is like a good gun. You don't feel safe taking off without one and you'll definitely notice when they're not doing their job properly.

That's where the Steamos come in.

Preface: I've had this idea for a while now, since I first became a beta tester for Guns of Icarus Online. A different kind of clan. A clan that wasn't out to prove they were the most dangerous; a clan out to prove that they are the best at what they do. Fixing things. The idea itself is simple. Engineers of all kinds who were part of the Steamos Union would register themselves as "Hireable", listing their expertise and a little bit about themselves. Then Captains in need of an Engineer, whether for just a few skirmishes or for a clan battle, can rest easy knowing that they have someone they can count on.

Benefits: The Steamos Union is meant to benefit everyone involved. Engineers get a steady line of work and Captains know who they're dealing with ahead of time without sifting through posts at the Docks, only to find that they are either offline or not interested anymore.

Structure: The Union is meant to be just that; a union. Everyone gets a say and everyone's voice is heard and everyone gets a say on what direction the Union should take.

I'm still trying to get everything set up, so if you're interested, let me know. I would like to get a seam forum all set up for the clan with the aforementioned roster list, but not before the Union gets the ball rolling a bit.

So if you're interested in joining, go right ahead and list your steam name and a little bit about yourself.

Current Goals:
1) Recruit new members for a decent sized roster
2) Start a steam community group with available Engineers

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: The Steamos Union: Mercenary Engineers for Hire
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:15:42 pm »
is this a union for Engineers? Like a workers union? Does that mean on my ship I have to offer fair pay and paternity leave, or else you'll strike?

Offline Roderick Archer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:33:10 pm »
is this a union for Engineers? Like a workers union? Does that mean on my ship I have to offer fair pay and paternity leave, or else you'll strike?

XD

I admit, I had second thoughts about the name at first since well, yeah, that's what a Union does, but I felt like the name was still apt. All its meant to be is organized Engineers who are for hire.

But hey, even if we did go on strike, it wouldn't be the first time an Engineer has refused to repair something. :P

Offline Connor Mc.

• Salutes: 18
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:01:10 pm »

XD

I admit, I had second thoughts about the name at first since well, yeah, that's what a Union does, but I felt like the name was still apt. All its meant to be is organized Engineers who are for hire.

But hey, even if we did go on strike, it wouldn't be the first time an Engineer has refused to repair something. :P

true dat, it would be very unfortunate to all the sudden see an engineer not repair something because I disobeyed the union lmao, it's a good idea though

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 01:22:04 pm »
A part of me likes the idea of the union keeping a black list of players who have treated union members poorly, so every one in the union knows not to serve on their ship. Sort of like how union members will not cross a picket line so when one department goes on strike, every service and contractor boycotts the target company until the dispute is resolved.

Unfortunately Muse and the CA's don't want us publicly naming players who are in need of disciplinary action, so keeping a union black list on this forum is a no no.

Offline Roderick Archer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 02:03:50 pm »
A part of me likes the idea of the union keeping a black list of players who have treated union members poorly, so every one in the union knows not to serve on their ship. Sort of like how union members will not cross a picket line so when one department goes on strike, every service and contractor boycotts the target company until the dispute is resolved.

Unfortunately Muse and the CA's don't want us publicly naming players who are in need of disciplinary action, so keeping a union black list on this forum is a no no.

Mm, aye. I made sure to read the forum rules carefully before starting this, so that's why I didn't include that "Black list" part.

But it only includes /this/ forum, correct? As I already said, I do plan on getting a steam community forum up and running.

Offline medek

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »
Sign me up when it's all set up.

Offline Roderick Archer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:46:01 am »
Will do mate!